Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a turbo under boost code a couple days ago, peeked around under the hood last night looking for loose clamps and boost leaks. Noticed my turbo moved around a lot when I pushed on it...Removed heat shield to find my v band clamp that secures the turbo to the manifold grew legs and ran away, guess it had better things to do.

I searched around the net and these forums and found similar scenarios but no one mentions the size. Anyways, I can't find a 2.5" v band clamp locally at any parts stores (All 3"+) and GM won't sell it individually, you have to buy the whole turbo kit...no thanks? I'm about to buy one online but wanted to see if anyone could verify it was indeed a 2.5" clamp? I don't have my car near me for a bit, any input would be much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Try this part about $20. Gm 55565351
Yea first thing I did was buy that part from my local dealer. It's only for the cat/downpipe sections. It's too big for the turbo hotside connection to the manifold. I got some rough measurements, the turbo to manifold is aboud 2.75" pipe OD. The GM #55565351 clamp is 3.25" pipe OD fully closed. I bought one online it'll be here sometime today, I'll report back on fitment when I get it in. The clamp I need is pictured below and only comes with the turbo kit, I have found other catalogs online that have that clamp pictured individually, but do not have a part number for it.

The "correct" parts manual, also the one the dealer showed me when I was there, is pictured/attached below. The clamp I need is circled in red, and as you can see it is part of the turbo kit, pictured as #1. That clamp doesn't have it's own gm part# anymore (ever?). I used to work at a GM dealer and have a few buddies that still work there, and they weren't able to dig anything up either. #8 pictured here is part #55565351 btw.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got a turbo under boost code a couple days ago, peeked around under the hood last night looking for loose clamps and boost leaks. Noticed my turbo moved around a lot when I pushed on it...Removed heat shield to find my v band clamp that secures the turbo to the manifold grew legs and ran away, guess it had better things to do.

I searched around the net and these forums and found similar scenarios but no one mentions the size. Anyways, I can't find a 2.5" v band clamp locally at any parts stores (All 3"+) and GM won't sell it individually, you have to buy the whole turbo kit...no thanks? I'm about to buy one online but wanted to see if anyone could verify it was indeed a 2.5" clamp? I don't have my car near me for a bit, any input would be much appreciated, thanks!
So... What was your final result? I have been in the same situation for over two years with my 2011 ECO. I have refused to buy an entire turbo and have just left the car parked. Although, now that the full turbo assemblies can be had for $230ish on eBay. That's probably what I'm going to buy. Two years ago, even the non oem brands were $600-$700... Still, if I could just get the clamp, obviously that would be my preference.

Just wondering how it worked out for you and what you bought, exactly and where. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts