Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2017 chevy cruze hatchback RS
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the wieght of the 2017-2019 cruze 16" 5 spoke rim??
Just researching before I buy new rims....i want black with machine faced for my all black cruze...or possibly chrome. Who makes decent rims that will look good for a long time? Thinking about getting 16's to keep wieght down or possibly 17's to look better. Will upping the size affect ride quality? Lots and lots of potholes in P.A.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
These are highly rated. I'll be getting these pretty soon for my silver Cruze. The 17s make a little bit of difference in ride smoothness, but not a huge difference.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sticking with the 16's just for ride comfort and I have brand new tires on the stock rims.....

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
666 Posts
Those arent to bad
Niceeee!!!! Those black and machined rims are awsome I'm haggling with the local tire shop now on these
those arent to bad lookn and dont make it look like a race car

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I think it will compliment the car well been looking around at other cars rims. Toyota seems to have alot of black machined rims on thier vehicles as well as a few other manufacturers. The 2019 premier actually came with a real nice set of similar machined rims. I just want a nice soccer dad ride ?? life goals!!!! Lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The haggling with the tire place is getting pretty good. They wanted 179 a tire I found them as low as 129 a tire on the internet simple emails and and screenshots saves ya cash sometimes. A dollar saved is a dollar earned! Hopefully Monday they give me a new quote! I want them but not 850 dollars plus want them

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
666 Posts
Good
The haggling with the tire place is getting pretty good. They wanted 179 a tire I found them as low as 129 a tire on the internet simple emails and and screenshots saves ya cash sometimes. A dollar saved is a dollar earned! Hopefully Monday they give me a new quote! I want them but not 850 dollars plus want them
[/QUOTE
goodluck man let us know how you make out

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I'm set on these they want 189 from the tire shop 179 for the black widow...carid.com 144 for either or like the vertex it has a cleaner look imo. Soon further research the have a 38 mm offset stock has a 41 mm offset carid.com said they could not guarantee a Fitmit for either choice. Only difference is the slight offset....is that a big deal how is the tire shop I'm dealing with going to install them they said they would fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Just my my FF10's on yesterday. Got them from MrWheelDeal. Definitely heavier than stock but the tires were also slightly bigger. Not sure how much of the difference is tire weight vs wheel weight. Looks mint though. Definitely needs to get dropped just a whisker. Maybe an inch or inch and a half.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got these haggled local tire shop down from 189 to 140 ? no shipping cost now!!!! 2 to 3 days let's go lol will be buying brushed center hub caps with black chevy emblem around 30 bucks amazon instead of advertising for RTX it's those little touches that matter!

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I feel ya I wanted to be legal but....P.A. doesnt allow tint period on driver nor passenger window so i went 20 all the way the way around lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Blasirl!!! Took along timw to decide on and get a good price....just bought this cruze 3 weeks ago. Knew it needed a few things to get me to absolutely like the car! Its amazing how many people including myself a few weeks ago that didnt even know the cruze let alone cruze hatchback was even around!!!! The guys at the tire shop were even taking pics and the one who owns a WRX even said he wished that Subaru had a hatchback that looked like the chevy!!!! Mad props G.M. you finally nailed the compact car!!!!!! But now are discounted!?!?!?! No market they are saying....trucks, suv's, and eletric cars. Well yea I get it I'm a truck guy myself but not every has 50 k to spend on a vehicle ? I bet Honda and Toyota are jumping with joy knowing american manufacturers are getting out of the field....sad.

·
Registered
2018 Cruze Hatchback RS Premier
149 Posts
Good look! I really wish they made molded mud flaps for the RS. Such a missed opportunity.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts