Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a stone chip on my windshield, does anyone know where I can get it fix n how much in Markham Ontario?

The car just one month old. So mad....

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Never recalled getting a stone chip in my flat windshield vehicles, but this is because we had much cleaner roads back then. But sure becoming common today. Got one a couple of weeks ago from an uncovered dump truck in Milwaukee, while taking a detour on one of their rocky mountain roadsl

It was a starburst, layer chips are not covered by my comprehensive insurance, so I just called Safelite, gave them my insurance company name and policy number, they took care of all the details. No penalties on repairing stone chips.

Came out a couple of hours later with some really fancy automated machine that did all the work, guy kept himself busy by cleaning all my windows and vacuuming the carpeting. That machine did everything, cleaned, burnish, power force the sealant, and finished it to a flat surface, and guaranteed on to spread for a full year. If it does, will replace the windshield.

Explained, no way could I get the license plate number of this truck in Milwaukee traffic. But I could do this locally and turned the license plate over to our sheriffs department. They really have a bug against these uncovered trucks and did everything in their power to get compensation. But dealing with a state contractor that demanded a video of the instance with like a hundred witnesses or so. Just wasn't worth my time to fight this.

That guy from Safelite says this is all he does is repair stone chips, and I was his fifth appointment for this day, and had five more to handle. So we are not the only ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts