Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been trying to pinpoint this issue for a week now.

I changed the water outlet due to a small leak and loss of coolant topping off every few days.

Replaced fine, bled system to what I thought was appropriate bleeder screw (coolant coming out , cap off revving for 10 mins.

Took for a ride shot up engine hot ac idle warning message. Pulled over let pressure out of system lots of burping replaced cap took it home.

Next day took for a ride less than two miles into ride temp shoots up to 3/4 of the temp gauge I pull over let pressure out squeeze hoses hoping to get some air pockets out, replace cap and continue drive. This time car goes to half engine fans come on it goes back to normal temp. I pull over release pressure squeeze hoses replace cap. Car drives perfectly normal for 100+ miles and hours straight no issues after 2nd burp.

Been doing this for a week now. I’m stumped. Could there be a clog in my system?

Any ideas? I’m at a loss. Thanks for all and any input!

· Registered
33 Posts
Just keep doing what youre doing. With the turbo & all those extra cooling passages theres bound to be some extra air. It should work its way out.

I went thru same issue when the STEALERSHIP (Burlington Chevrolet, Burlington, NJ) wanted $1600 to replace oil cooler seals. So I did it myself & got same dreaded message. I popped cap just like your doing & it all was back to normal after 3 run cycles.

· Registered
3 Posts
My car is in the shop for same thing. It is not the thermostat. They found a leak mid system. When I get the receipt hopefully it will detail what they did. It was not the reservoir either.
Update: pressure tested cooling system and found water outlet and the expansion tank hose are leaking. Replaced water outlet and expansion tank hose. Also flushed radiator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.