Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once and a while, when getting into my car: my door locks will lock. This is before I put the key in the ignition and/or press the lock button. It is not really a problem, just odd. Wondering if anyone else ever had this happen. Doesn't happen all the time just occasionally?

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Every once and a while, when getting into my car: my door locks will lock. This is before I put the key in the ignition and/or press the lock button. It is not really a problem, just odd. Wondering if anyone else ever had this happen. Doesn't happen all the time just occasionally?
I had a similar problem on an old car but with the windows. Turns out it was the wire harness in the door. One of the wires was cracking open and making contact every now and then when I opened the door. I can't really see this being a problem on a 2012 vehicle though.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Make sure you're not bumping the driver's door lock. If it gets pressed down, all the other doors will lock. That's how I lock my car when I get out.

Otherwise, we'd have to look at a bad wire in the door or somehow bumping the key fob.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
Ya know one of these days Boy ..yeah the song by Alvin Lee and Ten Years After ?

Well any way your going to get locked in yer cruzen and will have to Post up about how to get out of a Locked cruzen ... We'll Laugh ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts