Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Strange sound/vibration

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ace2123 
#1 ·
Been driving the car for a few days now and am noticing this only when it has sat for a while, or especially after it's all the way cooled down (sitting overnight). Its a 2014 1.4 manual trans. When launching for the first time after sitting, around 5-10mph I will hear and feel a brief grinding. It's only a second long and by the time I'm to the stop sign (just a few hundred feet away) it will not do it again. It is not dramatic, I can mostly only feel it a little in the floorboard and the radio has to be off with no conversation to hear it. It sounds like metal on metal, or like a vehicle scrapping on the road. I have experimented a bit and it will do it in both 1st, 2nd gear, and neutral. I wouldn't assume this is normal but I want some options on if I should get this looked at before I install the intake (warranty void). Or am I just nuts and this is something completely normal? I tried capturing a video but it wasn't loud enough to pick up. Thanks all for some input, hope this isnt to noobish of a question but I'm new to these modern cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.