Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firstly G'Day from down under - Australia.

My car is a 1.4l turbo Cruze (2011)
Of late sometimes there have been strange whirring noises regardless of whether the engine is running or not.
The noise is not continuous but more of a rhythm. It is louder in the cabin but hardly audible under the hood.

Please check out this video for a recording of the sound - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1fg...ature=youtu.be

Any idea what could be the cause?

Cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mate, The site requires me to have atleast 3 post before I can include a link.

Can you please look up "Cruze - Whirring sound" in Youtube[h=1][/h]Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Hi Mate, The site requires me to have atleast 3 post before I can include a link.

Can you please look up "Cruze - Whirring sound" in YoutubeCheers
Ahh! I see! I'll take a look at it when I have a second where there is no noise. Too loud at the moment.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Can you please look up "Cruze - Whirring sound" in YoutubeCheers
I tried, but everything is at least a year old. I can only guess that Google thinks I'm more interested in older stuff than something from down under.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi ChevyGuy,
I'll have a look over the weekend.
This noise is there for a few minutes even after the car is turned off and locked. The issue is very random. It came up only twice over the last fortnight.
With regards to the fan there is another "chirping" sound that starts everytime after the car has been running for sometime and goes away as soon as the fan is switched off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Guys, Sorry for the delay in updating. Checked out the cabin air filter ... found nothing but the sound hasn't come back as well.

Any ideas about the other "chirping sound" which happens only when the fan is on. This sound appear everytime after the car is driven for more than 10 kms and goes away as soon as the fan is turned off.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd guess there was something sitting on the filter that was fluttering.

Where is the chirp coming from? The engine or is it inside? There's a number of threads about engine chirp. And turning the AC on can trigger it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Inside the cabin. I'll search the forum for this. Thanks again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
its the hvac blower bearings need lubing.. mine does it too, moreso when going up hills or parking on one. I just turn up the jams so i cant hear it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts