Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a question I've seen multiple answers to, and I'm trying to get a clear answer once and for all. I have a 2011 Cruze 1LT. It has no USB port, OnStar or Bluetooth built-in. It is definitely the more basic model of radio. I always assumed that bluetooth, USB and XM radio were features that couldn't be added, and swapping/adding a different PDIM was a wasted effort. However, I was cycling between inputs on my radio, and where I would normally only have AM or FM listed under the "BANDS" button, the XM logo appeared. I accidentally hit the BANDS button again, switching it to FM. I couldn't get XM to pop up again. My question, does this mean I DO have XM functionality, and I just need to find my radio ID and activate it, or was this just a glitch? I tried to find the answer myself, but getting a lot of mixed opinions. I just want to know once and for all if I can add XM, bluetooth, or USB or something instead of just using the CD player or AUX that I have. Without using any aftermarket adapters, that is. Thanks guys!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Ok, I have a question I've seen multiple answers to, and I'm trying to get a clear answer once and for all. I have a 2011 Cruze 1LT. It has no USB port, OnStar or Bluetooth built-in. It is definitely the more basic model of radio. I always assumed that bluetooth, USB and XM radio were features that couldn't be added, and swapping/adding a different PDIM was a wasted effort. However, I was cycling between inputs on my radio, and where I would normally only have AM or FM listed under the "BANDS" button, the XM logo appeared. I accidentally hit the BANDS button again, switching it to FM. I couldn't get XM to pop up again. My question, does this mean I DO have XM functionality, and I just need to find my radio ID and activate it, or was this just a glitch? I tried to find the answer myself, but getting a lot of mixed opinions. I just want to know once and for all if I can add XM, bluetooth, or USB or something instead of just using the CD player or AUX that I have. Without using any aftermarket adapters, that is. Thanks guys!
Hey there,

I can certainly look into this further for you! Can you please send me a private message along with your VIN? Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 2 of 2 Posts