Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being inspired by the upcoming Chevy Redline Series, of which the Cruze is part of, and looking at the wheels:

Alloy wheel Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim

I thought I'd give it a whirl in black on my aftermarket wheels with a little slant.
Now, I'm kind of torn if it is overkill, or just leave the wheels as is.
Thoughts?

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Spoke Wheel Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Automotive tire Rim Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,882 Posts
I'd just leave them all silver.

You could try doing one spoke a different color, but that usually is best left to something with a "fatter" spoke. That design of wheel is really best suited to being one color.

Reactions: mikestony

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
So being inspired by the upcoming Chevy Redline Series, of which the Cruze is part of, and looking at the wheels:

I thought I'd give it a whirl in black on my aftermarket wheels with a little slant.
Now, I'm kind of torn if it is overkill, or just leave the wheels as is.
Thoughts?

View attachment 226754
Are these still on the car? How long did they last if not? Would you do it again?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are these still on the car? How long did they last if not? Would you do it again?
They were still on the wheels when I sold them and it held up fairly well. I had to redo one or 2 of them as the edges started to come up. But when I removed them to redo them, it took part of the clearcoat off. Didn't really matter to me as I was covering that up anyway.

Would I do it again on my current wheels? Perhaps, but haven't really gotten around to it; not high on my priority list :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hash marks look fine on a C7 Grand Sport front fender.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts