Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
20 Posts
It's worth it if you don't mind the tire noise. A 1st-gen diesel isn't getting stuck, unless maybe if the nose snowplows.

I used 16" steel w-body Impala wheels and needed 5mm spacers to clear the front brakes. 205/65 Hankooks ought to be close in tread width to stock. It rides softer, reacts slower. If I hit a slippy spot, the traction change is now more manageable.

My rationale for the studs is they'd lose less ice traction as they wear. I like the smaller (silver) steel wheel look with trim rings. I just should have figured out a way to put on center caps.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I run Blizzak WS80 Studless tires in the winter. I get around great in my Cruze. I've driven through snow that the front bumper plowed through with no issue. I've also driven on total black ice roads several times and while I had to drive very slow, I never had an issue with traction. That's really saying something considering where I live is all steep hills and sharp bends. I don't think I'd consider studs with how well the Blizzaks work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.