Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I'm at a total loss. Seeking for any advice and/or help and it would be greatly appreciated.

2014 Cruze. Factory head unit. 2-12" Rockford Fosgate P2 Punch subs installed in a ported box. Alpine MRP-M500 amp. Wanted to add subs to car for extra bass but keeping the factory head unit.

Keeping in mind, I used all my old wiring from my previous vehicle. Power wire, ground cable, remote wire, and RCA cables.

Installed PAC-GM-44 device and wired all correctly. Double-checked and triple-checked. 12v wire good, remote wire good, RCA cables good. Ran power line on left side of car from battery terminal all the way back to the trunk. Ran remote/RCA cables all the way on the right side of the car to the back of the trunk. After wiring PAC device, checked to make sure all was good. Device lit up. Fired up radio and all was OK.

I then connected everything to the Alpine amp. Amp wouldn't turn on at all. Since I've had this amp for a few years, I figured perhaps it died on me. I double-checked all connections. Ran my voltmeter - getting power from the battery, getting voltage from remote wire. Still not turning on. Checked all fuses, all were good. Decided to run out and buy another amp. Got a Pioneer 1600 watt amp. Hooked everything up. STILL nothing! Checked voltmeter once again on all wires. All were good. Decided it was probably bad wiring somewhere. Bought a new wiring kit and hooked everything up. Guess what - I still can't get my amp to turn on. Spoke to my neighbor and he brought out his amp. He hooked his amp up and we still weren't able to get it to turn on. I'm at a loss.

I checked voltage on the PAC device. Checked where 12 volt wire was soldered - got plenty of voltage. Checked where remote wire was soldered, same thing.

What can be causing this?

Thanks!
Jason

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Bad Ground connection .

Reactions: chevrasaki

·
Registered
45 Posts
I instailed pac had to run a remote to my fuse panel turned car off amp was staying on and jad some static noise buss my subs lol

·
2,170 Posts
I agree the ground connection should be the next suspect. Make sure it's grounded to the chassis on an unpainted metal surface, it should have plenty of contact from the ground to the chassis.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure if you ever got this figured out, but the amp actually turning on will have nothing to do with the PAC unless the remote wire is ran from it (I have no experience with it personally). You said you have 12v on your positive wire, and 12v from your remote wire, so the only thing that could keep the amp from turning on would be the ground. Where are you grounded? Did you scrape the paint off of the surface to get a good connection? If the power, remote, and ground are all good, the amp has no reason not to turn on, so focus on those three things alone for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How did you remove the trim pieces to get the power to the trunk. What gauge wire did you use. Did you go through the firewall and did you have to drill a hole. Thanks. Were you ever able to resolve that issue with your install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts