Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. have the ignition key area light up or something...it's a little difficult in the dark to insert key as steering wheel blocks view...may just be early getting use to though

2. seat belts...difficult to connect as they are way down there..fat hands will no doubt have real trouble.

3. the sliding armrest (took me a week to realize it slid)..but it always slides back while driving..would be nice to lock..and even slide forward a bit more..

nothing significant but simple improvements ..as i've read several reviews mentioning the seatbelts and ignition key issues...

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
1. agree with maybe a small LED near the ignition but i've gotten used to it and can find it without looking

2. seat belts are ok for me and im not the slimmest of all guys, but they are quite low so i guess i can see where you're coming from

3. i dont have t-rex arms so i dont slide out the armrest but i did a few times to show people, i thought it locked in place? try sliding it out all the way and see if it locks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like to see a trunk unlock button inside the cabin area. I like the button on the trunk lid, but inside would still be good.

Also, what has happened to the key unlock on trunks these days? Both our new cars, (2010 Malibu and 2011 Cruze) do not have key locks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree 100% on the trunk button inside. What happens if the battery dies? Plus, mine won't unlock via the key fob if I have it in the ignition, so I have to stop the car, open the trunk and restart the car. Not very practical.

I didn't even realize the armrest slid! I'll have to go out and check it out.

The only gripe I have about the seat belt bases is in the back. When I put the kids in there in their booster seats, it is hard to get the belt clasped, as the base is down in the seat instead of sticking out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree 100% on the trunk button inside. What happens if the battery dies? Plus, mine won't unlock via the key fob if I have it in the ignition, so I have to stop the car, open the trunk and restart the car. Not very practical.
Any time the car is unlocked, you can open the trunk by pressing the button under the bow tie on the trunk (it's even with the bow tie but down under the trunk lid).

·
Registered
240 Posts
not having a key unlock for the trunk could be a serious issue. imagine if your battery dies but you cant do anything about it since you will have your booster cables or booster pack in the trunk. hopefully chevy fixes all of this in the next years model.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
not having a key unlock for the trunk could be a serious issue. imagine if your battery dies but you cant do anything about it since you will have your booster cables or booster pack in the trunk. hopefully chevy fixes all of this in the next years model.
i guess if your car was locked and the power on it died, then no, you wouldnt get into the trunk.

keep a spare of cables in your back seat i guess..

·
Registered
193 Posts
maybe it's only on the LTZ, but there *is* a car symbol (with deck lid up) on our key fob that remotely opens the trunk lid on our LTZ.

I'm aware of this. I would like a manual trunk button somewhere inside for the reasons stated above.

·
Registered
95 Posts
1)inside trunk release
2)lighted ignition surround
3)foot-well lighting
4)passenger window lockout, not just rears (my dog knows how to roll down windows)
5)locking glove compartment
6)hood struts instead of prop rod

Just to name a few.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
i would agree it was quite odd not to see gas struts when you pop the hood...
all of my cobalts had them and it was an extremely inferior product

·
Registered
193 Posts
My $40K Mustang has a prop rod for the hood too, so the Cruze is not alone. Those gas struts are nice until they wear out and the hood crashes on your head while checking the oil. This happened to me numerous times on our former Chrysler 300. The struts were cheap to replace though.

Speaking of struts, does anyone else keep bumping their head on the latch portion of the trunk lid that hangs down? That is starting to annoy me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
2. seat belts...difficult to connect as they are way down there..fat hands will no doubt have real trouble.
The rear belt latches are set down so far my sons can't buckle their belts by themselves when using their booster seats. I haven't had any trouble with the front.

I would add ribs or slots in the center arm rest so my 5-6 cds don't flop around when I am driving.

I don't like the child safety locks are integrated into the rear window lock. My kids love having the windows down and with this I will have to open them all the time.

Why is there no option for a trunk mat? I can only find aftermarket brands. Nothing from Chevy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't you get to the trunk from the back seat if the button on the trunk didn't work?

·
Registered
49 Posts
1- I agree with the trunk release button inside the cabin ,that's a huge miss
2- they could also add fuel door release button

3- I would like to see FUEL USED feature add-on to the trip computer
4- A better sounding horn
5- Bigger fuel tank
6- Chrome around the upper window trim

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
FYI, if the battery dies, the trunk lid release inside doesn't work (as I just found out with my Malibu).
well there you go, that pretty much kills it for all the people crying for a button inside the cabin.. i guess no one thought that button was connected to an electrical switch lol

1 - 20 of 78 Posts