Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Successful MyLink Upgrade

14528 Views 16 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Blasirl
You know that moment when you do something to your car and you fall in love with it again? Well thanks to this forum I have fallen in love with my Cruze again. After a year of browsing and research I finally completed the MyLink Upgrade and I have to say it was 100% worth it. All in All I spent ~$300 and I have a fully functional 16 MyLink in my 14 Cruze.

This is the first time I have ever tore a radio apart and reprogrammed and I was completely shocked how easy it was. After sourcing all the hardware I was just missing the wire harness. I was lucky enough to find someone that makes them 95% plug and play with ALL cords need for an amazing deal. There were 5 wires that I had to plug in (2 in OEM radio and 3 in OnStar module) and that was it. It took about 2 hours from start to finish. Now i just have to source a backup cam and ill be good to go!

If you follow the threads this is easier than you could possibly imagine.

I figured I dont need to post links or pics or anything, I just wanted to share my story since I have only seen a few success stories on here.

Special Thanks to :clap: modalita, dhpnet, StLouisCPhT and everyone else involved :clap: (sorry if I didnt call you out) that was patient enough to guide me through this.

Here is the link for the harness that I got, The seller is great at replies and helpful with any questions that you have.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2015-...444097?hash=item1a4954cd81:g:et0AAOSw~iRZpeET
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
1,202 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Glad to hear it worked out so well. It is a nice upgrade and not as hard as it sounds.

If you got a great deal on the harness then you should post the link so others can get it. The restrictions on on companies promoting their own products, not on member sharing good resources.

· Registered
469 Posts
Nice! Did you get the MyLink with nav or without? I'm in the process of doing mine and I got the navi radio. Im paying a lot more than $300 for everything though, thats why its taking so long. lol

Thats the same wiring harness I got. Came with the GPS ant. and all. Seems easy enough.

Congrats again! :th_salute:

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with non-nav. Navigation seems cool but I dont want to pay $150+ for updated maps when Google Maps is free. How far along are you in the process?
I was lucky to find my radio w/control panel and screen w/bezel so it was only 2 purchases instead of 4 which drove the cost way down. I actually have an extra screen cause the one they sent me had a few scratches on it so I requested a new one.
The kit is very easy to use and he includes antenna and all wires. Im working with him now on some suggestions to improve minor things and a little better instructions. The hardest part of it all is the OnStar module connections. I ended up laying upside down on the seat pulling the glove box, glove box panel, lower airbag and a few other things to gain access to the module lol.
I wish I would have taken more pics while I was installing so I can make a detailed instruction but its straight forward except for accessing the OnStar module and the lock on the OnStar connector.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,185 Posts
Fantastic, I'm going to order one of the ...choke... $250.00 harnesses.... I'm going to wire up mine myself, maybe next year.

EDIT: You know, on second thought, maybe I'll come to your house and enlist your help. :go: What do you think? :eek:ccasion14:

· Administrator
14,185 Posts

· Registered
469 Posts
I was looking for a harness so I could do the same thing. Any suggestions?
Theres a seller on eBay that sells the complete harness. It's not cheap but if you dont feel like trying to make your own, its a saver.

· Administrator
14,185 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.