Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2012 Cruze. Recently I've noticed my fuel Gage has been dropping dramatically even though I have barley driven a few miles. It dropped from full to 3/4 a tank the other day, then slowly went back up. I've see some other threads saying it is the Fuel Sender Unit that could be sending false readings. I heard some people try putting in a fuel cleanser like Techron or Seafoam. Has anyone had an issue similar to this and solved it with a fuel cleanser? I really don't want to have to drop the fuel tank to replace it as it seems like a pain, and taking it to a mechanic is expensive. Is there anyway to replace it by removing the back seats? I know on many other cars that is possible.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,796 Posts
I got a 2012 Cruze. Recently I've noticed my fuel Gage has been dropping dramatically even though I have barley driven a few miles. It dropped from full to 3/4 a tank the other day, then slowly went back up. I've see some other threads saying it is the Fuel Sender Unit that could be sending false readings. I heard some people try putting in a fuel cleanser like Techron or Seafoam. Has anyone had an issue similar to this and solved it with a fuel cleanser? I really don't want to have to drop the fuel tank to replace it as it seems like a pain, and taking it to a mechanic is expensive. Is there anyway to replace it by removing the back seats? I know on many other cars that is possible.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Sorry no help from me today.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts