Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Average went from 31 mpg (combined) to 24 mpg combined. In the middle of a tank. The trans seems to be slipping, reves up to 4500+ between shifts and generally seems slightly sluggish on acceleration from when new. LT1, AT, 2012. 6500 on the OD. :uhh: Dealer bound.

·
Registered
904 Posts
That transmission shouldn't rev up at all between shifts. Good luck with the dealer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Was that happening on an engine that wasn't fully up to operating temperature?
Was the outside temperature close to freezing or below?

What you described is a very common occurence in my 2011 LT AT under those conditions. Have gone to dealer, but they say "thats normal"!

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts
Let us know what the dealer says. Be sure to call GM and have them create a case so they have it on file and so that they make sure the problem is solved correctly. Trust me, it's easier to have them deal wih the dealership in the event that the dealer gives you a hard time.

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Average went from 31 mpg (combined) to 24 mpg combined. In the middle of a tank. The trans seems to be slipping, reves up to 4500+ between shifts and generally seems slightly sluggish on acceleration from when new. LT1, AT, 2012. 6500 on the OD. :uhh: Dealer bound.

Toblin,
I would suggest that you do visit your dealer and have them look into this for you. I would like you to keep me posted on this issue. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
207 Posts
could just be a reprogramming required for the tranny. worst case - new tranny.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Mid-tank my MPG suddenly went from an average of 31 to 24. 70% highway miles (45 mph to 60 mph stuff). So before was bad enough!

Going to the dealer this week. I do think the trany needs to be reflashed as it seems to be slipping at the low end. Will keep the assembly informed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well the dealer said they checked for and trans updates and found none. They claimed the car was operating fine. Then gave me a primer of the horrors of 10% ethanol fuel. They ignored the fact that I told them I had already tried pure gas to no avail. As per the DIC (aptly named) things have not improved any. I will fill up again this week and post results. But for now I'm driving a small car that I bought because it promised great fuel efficiency but only delivered what you would expect from a full size pick-up truck.

I can't afford the operating cost OR the financial beating I would take by selling an almost new car.

PS
"Was that happening on an engine that wasn't fully up to operating temperature?
Was the outside temperature close to freezing or below?"

I'm in Florida. 70's or 80's.

·
Administrator
15,742 Posts
Call GM directly. Don't expect to get much done until you do that. You're pretty much wasting your time if you don't get GM involved.

The support number has been posted all over this forum and you can find it with a quick online search. Let GM deal with the dealership for you.

P.S. I want to know which full size pickup gets 24mpg combined.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts