Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@ 75k miles now with my original fr710 on my 1LT. Still have life but really starting to crack on sidewalls. Looking @ these 4 tires. Any suggestions on them? Thanks
Sears.com

·
Registered
145 Posts
The Nexen N5000 Plus tires I had installed about six weeks ago have exceeded all expectations. Granted, it's very difficult to do a true review of a tire after only 3K miles, and my only comparison on this vehicle was a set of Assurance Authority tires that came on it (I didn't like those at all). The Nexen tires are extremely quiet and comfortable riding, and have provided good traction on everything besides flat ice, but do seem a tad vague, and floaty at times in the handling department. My feeling is that they are probably most comparable to the Pirelli P7, at a much lower price point.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
My friend.....asking about tires isn't much different than 'Whats the best oil?'.......you have a hundred answers coming your way.

I have used the Altimax on my 2WD 96 Blazer......they were spectacular......quiet and wore like iron.....quite good in the snow too.

As far as how will they work on the Cruze.......uh.....probably be just fine.

Rob

To add: In looking at the other three, and knowing you are in Michigan.......based on tread design, I'd pass on the other three.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I've used Hankook on a number of my cars. Priced good and they wear very good.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was leaning towards the BFG or Cooper.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I put the Pirelli P-7's on mine. Been completely satisfied. They ride good, handling is responsive and tight, quiet and great traction! Got them installed, lifetime rotate, balance and road hazard all for $500.00 at Wal-Mart. Hard to beet that deal.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,988 Posts
After my experience with both, I'd recommend the Pirelli P7 and Continental PureContact.

P7 - quiet ride (once broken in), comfortable ride. Handling is on par with the FR710s (marshmellowy). Good in snow, wet, ok traction in dry conditions.
PureContact - stiffer ride, quiet tire. Amazing handling. Good in snow, wet, dry conditions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Having some Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season tires installed right now. $107 each minus $80 for the set with Goodyear's rebate. $350 for 4 goodyear ultra high performance all season tires? Yes please.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wheres that deal at Jmill?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wheres that deal at Jmill?
If you sign up for a goodyear credit card you get double the rebate which is originally 40$. I just went to my local Goodyear Tire Center and they ordered them for me. I was able to get the installation put on the card as well and I get free tire rotations.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is done about the tpsm sensors?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The installer has a device to change which sensor is in which tire etc and they will take care of that during installation. The only time you need to worry about tpms is with aftermarket rims.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any cost for that? What about batteries for them?

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is no cost to have them rotated if you have the Goodyear Card. I believe that once a battery dies in a tpms sensor that the entire unit will need to be replaced. I have not heard of people having this problem though.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah wasn't sure if tpms should be replaced with new tires. I wonder how long the tpms were designed to last. So no replacement until it doesn't work?
Let me know how the Eagles work out thx.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah wasn't sure if tpms should be replaced with new tires. I wonder how long the tpms were designed to last. So no replacement until it doesn't work?
Let me know how the Eagles work out thx.
Yes once a sensor dies it will need to be replaced.

So far the tires are great. Much better than the fr710's. Much less noise and much better grip. If I hit a small bump with light pressure on the brakes ABS will kick in because the tires stick so much better. They aren't broken in yet but I imagine they will only get better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am a former employee of Discount Tire and I can give you my opinion of what I thought were the best tires in that size.

Anything Continental
Yokohama YK580 - Currently on Fiance's Car
Pirelli P7 - P6

Also, this is just my opinion, but the running joke at the shop was "Goodyear, they're only good for one year"

Check Discount Tire stores and check their rebate offers; It changes monthly.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I just got these at my dealer.

Pirelli - P4 Four Seasons Plus.
They are T rated and have a 90,000 mile warranty. Don't have a lot of miles on them but they seem to be stickier than the stock firestone tires. They are really good in the rain. They were $97.08 a piece from my dealer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts