Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving my Cruze, but...

With the sunrise coming later and later, I'm noticing that my sun visors are WAY too short compared to my other car's visors.

Are there replacement options?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sunglasses? Hat? Potato chip sack clips and a piece of cardboard?

I've noticed the same thing though. I thought it was just me.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
They are short. It would be nice if there were extenders on them.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
I basically drive east to work and west (duh) going home and at this time of the year that sun is just BRUTAL both coming and going. It definately doesn't help the traffic situation either.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Loving my Cruze, but...

With the sunrise coming later and later, I'm noticing that my sun visors are WAY too short compared to my other car's visors.

Are there replacement options?
you know the driver's side slides out so you can position it better

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've never noticed the visors being too short. I'm not that tall at 6'. My wife is 5'-3" and has complained that the visors are too short. I do like the slide feature of the visor when it's over to the side.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I drive east/west on a straight highway to work. It's torture this time of year. I'm 5'10" and don't think they're too short at all. Have you tried lifting the seat bottom up at all?

I'd rather get rid of the other idiots on the road who don't pay attention and cause us to stop so hard before I'd get rid of the visors.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
SWMBO (5' tall) has the same issues. I haven't been able to find a usable, workable aftermarket solution that doesn't have some sort of gap in its coverage. My fix is to wear a baseball hat with the bill curved NASCAR style to get around the low sun on our drive to pickup the grandkids every day.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
When people are saying they are too short, are they talking the width or how much down the windshield they go?

Since I have a windshield tint strip, I do not notice them being to short side to side(width). When driving with the sun at the right place on the horizon I just need to flip the visor straight down, not all the way to the windshield. This blocks at least 1-3inches lower on the windshield. I need to do this on my East/West route with hills as even a small uphill grade and the visors become pretty useless(car pointed toward sky).

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'd like to have a little longer (width) wise. The sun visors in my Montana when dropped down in the windshield and would cover from the A pillar to the rear view mirror. They actually had an extension on the pillar side that covered that gap.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Y'all never heard of sunglasses? I swear by my Oakleys. I've had 3 different pairs, 2 being polarized. Their expensive? Not really when they last 2-5 years....whats your eyesight worth?

I drive 20k+ miles a year so nice sunglasses are totally worth it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Y'all never heard of sunglasses? I swear by my Oakleys. I've had 3 different pairs, 2 being polarized. Their expensive? Not really when they last 2-5 years....whats your eyesight worth?

I drive 20k+ miles a year so nice sunglasses are totally worth it.
Sunglasses? What is this sunglasses? Is it like Rain-X?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts