Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I had an interesting day here in Northeast Ohio. Wind gusts were very high and small branches were falling occasionally as I was driving and I heard a bang as if something had hit my car. I waited to check until I got home to see what it was and I checked the entire car until realizing a medium twig (probably 8" long and less than a half inch in diameter) had hit my sunroof wind deflector and put a nice (2-3") hole right though it. In terms of repair, I assume something like this isn't covered under warranty? Also, how much do you think it would cost to replace?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
It's covered. I've replaced one under similar reasons. You should be okay. Thats crazy nonetheless!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
233 Posts
wow, that's covered? I'm impressed...what is the best way to clean the bugs and stuff from this thing? Mine looks gross!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Thank you so much! I will call the dealer tomorrow and see what happens.

ack23,
Please keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had an appointment Thursday and they ordered whatever part they needed. Covered under warranty as you said it would be. Thanks for the help!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts