1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looks a little too good to be true lol. Let us know how it goes after installation and the quality of everything!

·
Registered
742 Posts
This is my setup. Cheap and get good bass given that my 2 yo is in the car all the time lol.
Pioneer 10" sub out of a cobalt ss (junkyard) $8
Buddy sold me his old 200w amp for $6 lol
And wire kit walmart $28
Total setup $42 ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
this is a great thing to know that the Cobalt SS sub will fit out trunk, did it fit right in, or was there any customizing you had to do?

·
Registered
625 Posts
It had to be customized to fit. It usually bolts in 3 or 4 places to the cobalt and the trunk setup is different. I had to take the cover off the sub, cut the tabs off the back and fill with jb weld, and it's actually removed the bag hook from the drivers side and ran a bolt through where is used to be inside the car then drilled a hole in the back of the enclosure and ran the bolt through with washers on both side's. Pushes the carpet in a little but not really noticeable. Only real problem I had was how close it is to the arm for the trunk. It sits maybe an inch off now. That's the only major clearance issue tho. May be able to do a small write up if anyone is interested

·
Registered
142 Posts
i have a cobalt subwoofer and im trying to get modify the back of it to install it in my Cruze. Maybe if you would do a write-up that would be great!

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
This is my setup. Cheap and get good bass given that my 2 yo is in the car all the time lol.
Pioneer 10" sub out of a cobalt ss (junkyard) $8
Buddy sold me his old 200w amp for $6 lol
And wire kit walmart $28
Total setup $42 ;)

Lmao that's awesome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts