Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WASHINGTON, June 26 (Reuters) - The Supreme Court ruled on Friday that the U.S. Constitution provides same-sex couples the right to marry in a historic triumph for the American gay rights movement.
The court ruled 5-4 that the Constitution's guarantees of due process and equal protection under the law mean that states cannot ban same-sex marriages. With the ruling, gay marriage will become legal in all 50 states.

FULL STORY
U.S. Supreme Court rules in favor of gay marriage nationwide

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I dont mind if same sex couples get married, I just don't want anyone to be forced to wed a couple. I dont think that it should be called marriage since to me its a Holy and religious act. But that is my opinion.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Let's see, public swimming pools, grade school, high school, military, college dorms, all of us boys were forced to take showers together.

And maybe those five judges like taking showers with boys together. But I am with the four judges that didn't like that.

Yet another infamous 5-4 decision, would think it should be unanimous. Juries have to be unanimous, but gather justices are above this.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Wow at the comments.

I support two consenting adults who want to love one-another, and commit to each other for a lifetime.

Doesn't matter if one is 20 years old and the other is 60 years old. One has purple polkadots and the other is albino. One likes to get chained up and spanked and the other likes to do the spanking....Or they both happen to have the same gender.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I dont mind if same sex couples get married, I just don't want anyone to be forced to wed a couple. I dont think that it should be called marriage since to me its a Holy and religious act. But that is my opinion.
I'm not religious but I also agree that it should be called something other than marriage. You can't change what marriage is just because you feel like it. Oh wait, that seems to be what we've done for the last 20 years consistently ever since we let overly sensitive people's voices actually dictate something. Have all the same sex you want, just don't call it marriage when that term comes from the bible or whatever book and it only allowed between a man and a woman.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
What's next people being allowed to marry their pets/animals?
Thats a big jump.... At the end of the day I am not going to stand in front of someone if it is not hurting anyone or thing. I am not pro gay but I am not anti gay. I think being gay is a immoral IMO

·
Registered
379 Posts
Let's see, public swimming pools, grade school, high school, military, college dorms, all of us boys were forced to take showers together.

And maybe those five judges like taking showers with boys together.
I don't understand the connection.

To the best of my knowledge, communal showering does not cause homosexuality.

The childhood tribulation was that not everyone hit puberty at the same time.

As far as the ruling: We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men (and women) are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness.

Clergy should not be forced or obligated to perform same sex marriages, but rights should not be denied.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am in favor of gay rights. If you don't agree with same-sex marriage, you shouldn't be able to be forced to marry them. But, marriage isn't a religious thing. You can go to a courthouse and get married, that's not a religious thing. Most people make marriage a religious thing, and, that's fine, but, don't make everyone follow the same religious beliefs that you have.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Same sex couples are required to pay taxes, and obey the laws just like traditional couples so they should have the same rights. I can't believe it took this long for SCOTUS to rule on it. States can't be trusted to fairly act on a moral issue like same sex marriage. My State (South Carolina) capital building still flies the racist Confederate flag even after the slaughter in Charleston. Most of the SC population consists of poor, uneducated hillbillies who elect corrupt politicians with similar intelligence. Chief Justice Roberts almost always rules fairly and moderately. Surprising, since he tricked Bush into thinking he would mindlessly follow the right wing dogma like Scalia and Thomas. Go SCOTUS and Roberts, awesome!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am in favor of gay rights. If you don't agree with same-sex marriage, you shouldn't be able to be forced to marry them. But, marriage isn't a religious thing. You can go to a courthouse and get married, that's not a religious thing. Most people make marriage a religious thing, and, that's fine, but, don't make everyone follow the same religious beliefs that you have.
Even if it is a religious thing, there are gay clergy. You shouldn't be able to deny their freedom of religion because yours has a very literal interpretation of the Book of Leviticus.
I'm not saying that such an interpretation is right or wrong, just that they should have the 1st Amendment right to practice their version of their religion that does not interpret the Bible the same as fundamentalists. Part of that is allowing them to marry.

·
Registered
251 Posts
As a religious man I dont care what they call it. They can call it marriage or civil union. It is not for me to judge who someone loves. That is up to our creator. Jesus states to love everyone regardless of the sin. Lying is just as big of a sin as two men hopping on the good foot and doing the bad thing. Besides I am a single man, two guys being together just means that there are less men on the market for me to compete with.

·
Registered
381 Posts
There is a bigger issue here. The supreme court does not write or vote on laws so this is not legal. I don't care what people do or want to marry. But if we are country of laws then they need to be passed correctly. Technically their ruling means nothing, just like the healthcare law about subsidies. It states directly in the law how subsidies are suppose to be, not a interpretation of who gets them. The law needs to be change or amended. The supreme court does not have the power to do that.

If they just start ignoring the written law then we as citizen can too.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
As a religious man I dont care what they call it. They can call it marriage or civil union. It is not for me to judge who someone loves. That is up to our creator. Jesus states to love everyone regardless of the sin. Lying is just as big of a sin as two men hopping on the good foot and doing the bad thing. Besides I am a single man, two guys being together just means that there are less men on the market for me to compete with.
I like that last part haha

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
IDK...have nothing against queers, but on the other hand it just reaches a creep level that makes it friggin weird in my mind. I may have done some questionable things in my past, there is just something inherently uncomfortable to me about gay men. I mean, I seriously don't need to see two married dudes kissing at the local super market while I happen to be buying a cucumber or some sh*t.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Rainbow??? Does this mean leprechauns are gay? Oh snap...I love Lucky Charms, does this make me kinda gay? Cause I don't feel gay.
If you use the word gay 3 times in a post,,,,,well you might be gay. :moon:

1 - 20 of 136 Posts