Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, I have a 2014 cruze rs and I have a knocking noise in the front end. I only hear it going over small bumps at low speeds. I have taken it to the dealer a few times and they claim this is normal??? Anyone experincing the same thing and if so how was it fixed.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,879 Posts
Sway bar end links or lower control arm bushings are usually the culprits here.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
An easy check is to slowly rock the car left to right and listen for the slightest of knocking noise and then observe visually with assistance. There should not be any observable movement between the two components of the joint. They ae likely the smallest balljoints on the car and take a constant shock like beating.

The stabilizer bar bushings are next in likelihood, but will take a little more crawling around under the car to prove.

Good luck, The price of the parts seems decent in the USA, in Canada links look like 33 dollars at gmpartsdepot

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Sounds like your dealer should be suspended for saying your suspension noise is perfectly normal.

If the suspension on the Cruze was made any simpler, wouldn't even be there, a strut with an upper bearing, ball joint welded to the control rod, and the stabilizer bar with links.

But very well possible too complicated for him

1 - 7 of 7 Posts