Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to upgrade my suspension,cannot find larger sway bars for the front and rear,only found body and chassis braces,what's up with that?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
There's plenty of low riders here, just search the forum. I can imaging your search bar is rarely used. :shipwrecked:

·
Resident Derp
2,815 Posts
There are front and rear sway bars offered for our cars by Whiteline. The front can only be purchased from them directly, however the rear sway bar is advertised on practically every website that offers Cruze performance parts, especially one of our vendors bad news racing.

Both of which can easily be found through use of the search bar, as multiple threads on both bars, including one or two reviews of the rear bar have been posted here on CruzeTalk in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Even ebay has the ultra racing sway bars , I heard a lot of great reviews about every sway/strut bar for the Cruze. Struts is my next years project so I can't give you my opinion. For suspension, I'm currently running DGR coilovers for the past 3 years, problem free. If you want the "best" ride quality and lower your ride height I suggest springs. Darn coilovers are too harsh on my friends lower backs... Lol. Good luck .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I
Even ebay has the ultra racing sway bars , I heard a lot of great reviews about every sway/strut bar for the Cruze. Struts is my next years project so I can't give you my opinion. For suspension, I'm currently running DGR coilovers for the past 3 years, problem free. If you want the "best" ride quality and lower your ride height I suggest springs. Darn coilovers are too harsh on my friends lower backs... Lol. Good luck .
Can I upgrade my rear suspension to be able to carry more weight? If so how do I do that?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,808 Posts
I

Can I upgrade my rear suspension to be able to carry more weight? If so how do I do that?
I have never tried this on a Cruze, but there are specialty spring makers that could possibly make heavier duty springs, they may market them as high lift springs. My guess is that you would also have to change the struts/shocks to adjustable type. Why do you want to increase payload capacity?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have never tried this on a Cruze, but there are specialty spring makers that could possibly make heavier duty springs, they may market them as high lift springs. My guess is that you would also have to change the struts/shocks to adjustable type. Why do you want to increase payload capacity?
I drive for Uber and Lyft and I have had instances of having very large people in my car and it has bottomed out when going over train tracks and bumps. I am putting a hitch on it and feared it may do the same pulling a trailer with a golf cart in it. I was just wondering if it’s possible.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Your best bet would be to get an air suspension kit. They add them to pickups to adjust ride height and handle loads without squatting.

This is the only one I could find that wasn't a ton of money. It says 3-5" drop but that's with the bags deflated. I'm sure you would have no problem using them at stock ride height

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,808 Posts
I drive for Uber and Lyft and I have had instances of having very large people in my car and it has bottomed out when going over train tracks and bumps. I am putting a hitch on it and feared it may do the same pulling a trailer with a golf cart in it. I was just wondering if it’s possible.
You should have no issues towing the golf cart. I have a small 5x8 utility trailer I load pretty heavily at times with no issues. Bottoming out however with people in the back will be worse especially going up driveways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts