Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this cruze sitting at the Chevrolet performance booth/trailer and thought it was pretty cool. Never seen anything like this on any car. I liked it. I believe the hood and trunk are vinyl wrapped, and it has vinyl sticker down the side. At first I thought the hood and trunk were carbon fiber but then after looking closer at them, I knew they weren't...mainly because of the feel of the surface. I do know it had to be someones cruze that works at the chevy booth because on the back license plate, there is a actual registered plate under the promo plate. What do you all think? View attachment 16633 View attachment 16641 View attachment 16649

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Matte black vinyl hopefully not from china , but 3M brand . Finally got those pics up .

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it caught my eye soon as I saw the chevy display =]. I had to walk over and check it out. Wonder whos cruze it is lol. It was worth it because I got to get some lessons on the 2014 corvette stingray. This thing has a 7 speed manual transmission with a 6.2L LTI engine putting out atleast 450 hp or more that will get the car 0-60mph in under 4 seconds. Holy cow =].

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Yeah it caught my eye soon as I saw the chevy display =]. I had to walk over and check it out. Wonder whos cruze it is lol. It was worth it because I got to get some lessons on the 2014 corvette stingray. This thing has a 7 speed manual transmission with a 6.2L LTI engine putting out atleast 450 hp or more that will get the car 0-60mph in under 4 seconds. Holy cow =].
The cost of the insurance alone would make me not want one.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that's the only thing about it lol. Im sure the rates for even a older person would be fairly high too. Im waiting to see the MSRP on these monsters lol.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's one way to keep your Cruze from getting scratches.
No **** lol. Id vinyl wrap my whole car if I could....if it was like the paint for reflections. I don't like anything dull lol

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Matte black vinyl hopefully not from china , but 3M brand . Finally got those pics up .
Yeah...I think that was why you guys couldn't see them. Theres something about my phone that it doesn't like to upload pics most of the time on its own. I have to do it manually lol. Which pisses me off because whats the point in buying a new phone spending all that money and you cant even use it the way you want.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Yeah...I think that was why you guys couldn't see them. Theres something about my phone that it doesn't like to upload pics most of the time on its own. I have to do it manually lol. Which pisses me off because whats the point in buying a new phone spending all that money and you cant even use it the way you want.
I have no problems uploading pics with my I phone 5.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well yeah lol...I have a shitty android phone that only has 2gb memory. It's a POS

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
You can tell from the pics that it's not carbon fiber as carbon fiber has a large weave that is noticeable from quite a distance. The weave is what gives the 3D texture that you were taking about.
I've been to a few Targa street rally's over here and seen 2x EVO X's and 2x R35 GTR's with ALL panels made from carbon fiber. Would be quite costly if they got wrecked!

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah...well I was almost sure that they weren't but I guess you never know and be to eager. The closer I got I started to think more and was like..."That doesn't look carbon fiber to me from the outside atleast...then I tapped on it and it was a hollow sound and I knew that it wasn't. And yeah im sure it would be quite costly if those got damaged in a wreck or something. That's the bad thing about carbon fiber. I like it because of its looks, and how light it is and what it does for the car overall.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Those are all vehicle wrap pieces available through gm accessories. I actually have the side speed graphics. They are a high quality 3M matte vinyl. Have had them on since last May with no issues yet. Except the front fender piece is slightly different now then what is shown.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh really...I guess I didn't know GM sold these lol. How much were they? Do they only come in black?

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hmm...im going to check this out now actually lol. I think this looks really cool.....for me, im not too big on the idea of putting a sticker on my paint...especially if its 3m stuff. 3M is good........just a little too good for adhesive. I don't want to put something on there that will be a pain in the ass to remove if I decide I don't want it on there and/or do something to the paint like leave a residue or whatever.

·
Registered
273 Posts
hmm...im going to check this out now actually lol. I think this looks really cool.....for me, im not too big on the idea of putting a sticker on my paint...especially if its 3m stuff. 3M is good........just a little too good for adhesive. I don't want to put something on there that will be a pain in the ass to remove if I decide I don't want it on there and/or do something to the paint like leave a residue or whatever.
3M vinyl is very easy to remove with little hassle. It leaves very little reside when removed and any that may be left behind is easily taken care of with adhesive remover. It will not harm the paint at all. However if you leave the vinyl on for quite a while and decide you no longer like it and remove it the paint that was covered by the vinyl may look slightly newer then the surrounding paint since it wasn't exposed to the elements.

The pieces are all custom cut though. The side graphics installed rather easy. The hood/trunk/roof pieces might be more tricky since you would have to line them up perfectly since there is no extra vinyl if it is installed slightly off.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay...yeah I did check this out and I gotta say I probably wont be buying it. Too much dough for me for just a vinyl. Im not wanting it that bad lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts