Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon a Cruze in a scrapyard the other day, which has a fully functional entertainment system with satnav and usb unit in the center console. Since I only have the "standard" unit with LCD and only aux, I am wondering if it is possible to put that unit into my Cruze. What do I need to make it all work?

The unit itself ofcourse, but with what attached? The cables running to the center console for USB/Aux? Something else?

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Dam near everything. Unit, display, keyboard, wiring harness to console, maybe the section of dash that the display is mounted in, some antenna cabling, a antenna splitter .... the list goes on.

Oh, and you'll need the car's VIN and a dealer to program the radio when you're done. That's assuming that nav unit was a option for your trim level, because otherwise you could have a feature combination that the dealer can't combine.

I don't think it's impossible, but it may not be trivial.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dam near everything. Unit, display, keyboard, wiring harness to console, maybe the section of dash that the display is mounted in, some antenna cabling, a antenna splitter .... the list goes on.

Oh, and you'll need the car's VIN and a dealer to program the radio when you're done. That's assuming that nav unit was a option for your trim level, because otherwise you could have a feature combination that the dealer can't combine.

I don't think it's impossible, but it may not be trivial.
And would also need if equipped,multimedia module, heater control module if dual zone, backup camera and wiring, pioneer amp and speakers, IP wiring harness and all associated modules
the thing is the radio with all options with it are all linked together both with the physical wiring and firmware in the various modules, for instance the heater control module talks to the radio which talks to the display module to put up the heating mode displays, the firmware in ALL modules needs be correct for the particular configuration for it to all work, and unfortunately GM has not put one extra wire when not used on a model configuration so just adding a upgraded radio is becoming a thing of the past, even spending tons of money on a high end after market radio still has issues with vehicle integration

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
I think it all comes down to how much you want it and how much you're willing to spend on a project. If you can get all the parts for a good price, I'd go for it. At worst, if the upgrade doesn't work out, you eBay it for people looking for replacement units.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody put a 'pure android 4.2' device in their Cruze or something similar I am looking at it and not really seeing a negative but can't see that anyone's done it and wondering why not?? :) sorry new to Cruze and to forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts