Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had these switchback LED's from DD on my last vehicle so i went ahead and put them in my cruze. The big thing for me is when the signal isnt active the bulb is lit up white instead of orange. i hate the look of orange bulbs on any car. When paired with a good set of halogen bulbs or retrofit/hid bulb it make it look alot cleaner and modern up front.

Installation is a breeze. tapping a couple wires to attach a resistor, plug the bulb in, done. Install was done in less than 20 min. Below is a few shots of the bulb on and the bulb color when orange. Definately a simple and inexpensive upgrade to the cruze. Thanks again to Diode Dynamics as i've purchased 4 hid kits, and a few dozen other LED's and i've never had better quality bulbs and even better customer service when things don't work.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
That's your stock parking light lens? Mine has a amber tint to it, even if I remove the bulb. But perhaps it washes out enough light.

·
Site Sponsor
279 Posts
That's your stock parking light lens? Mine has a amber tint to it, even if I remove the bulb. But perhaps it washes out enough light.
The bulbs are amber, so they give an amber tint to that location when the bulbs are off

Installing LEDs makes it clear when off (much cleaner) in addition to the white running light and brighter amber signal

Nick C.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
might be possible the us model has orange tint on the lens up front? there is zero orange color in the lens itself on my car. and yes its the factory lens.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
Seeing is believing. As you can see, the bulb is completely out of the fixture, but the lens is still amber.

Looking at the parts catalog, there are two different part numbers: With and without chrome bezel. I'm wondering if that's the only difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seeing is believing. As you can see, the bulb is completely out of the fixture, but the lens is still amber.

Looking at the parts catalog, there are two different part numbers: With and without chrome bezel. I'm wondering if that's the only difference.
i think it's an american thing, need to have amber housings for turn signals regarless of bulb color....i could be wrong? that little circular disc is clear in my headlight housing

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
i think it's an american thing, need to have amber housings for turn signals regarless of bulb color....i could be wrong? that little circular disc is clear in my headlight housing
The cars are of the same year. Country makes more sense than LS vs. LTZ. I'm not sure how to access the Canadian parts catalog to see if the part number is different.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'll take a look under the hood and see if my lens is stamped anywhere with a p/n. I just checked with a local dealer using my vin to get the p/n. It's possible they updated the lens and it's now orange and i got the frankenlenses

1 - 14 of 14 Posts