Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son will be home from college in a couple weeks with his new 2014 1LT RS Cruze. The next week he and I are driving it to Florida for a wedding. I assume his milage will be approx. 2100 when we leave and about 45-4800 miles when we return. I'll check the levels and tire pressure, etc. before we leave and schedule an oil change/tire rotate when we return.

Is there anything you guys would recommend before we leave other than a visual of the vitals? We're going to take a couple days getting there and do some sightseeing, but plan on beelining back to NY for our return. I'll pack accordingly with drinks, snacks, music......so, we got that part covered. Also have a "road kit" with first aid, flair, qt. of oil, etc. I clay barred and waxed it over his spring break.

Also, I could use some suggestions on travel. He and I are both guitar players. He's a big Gibson guy (has a '61 SG reissue and an American Std. and a '58 Reissue Les Paul). I prefer PRS guitars. However they don't have tours in their MD plant. Therefore, I'd like to hit Nashville on the way down. It appears that Gibson has closed it's retail facility and do not have Nashville tours. I won't go to Memphis, It's just too far out of the way. My question is....What else is there to do in Nashville (neither of us are huge country fans)? There isn't anything big going on there that I can find on line. Can we just walk around and poke into some clubs or bars (NOTE HE'S ONLY 19)? If so, where are some hot spots?

If not Nashville, is there a cool place to spend a day and night or 2 along the eastern seaboard for he and I. I scoured to find a concert (May 20-21st) and found natta! I found a couple ball games and similar, but that won't work. Our ultimate destination is Jacksonville. We could spend couple days in Orlando, but we've been there and done that. Where a different place to check out?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Go ahead and change out the oil and oil filter.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep...I may. Oil changes are on GM's dime (at least at scheduled intervals). That Monday I'm scheduled to have the dealer inspect my front axle as part of the recall. Might just have them bang out a quick O-F-L whist it's in a service bay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts