Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm heading to dealer again for some warranty work this Friday. I have almost 26,000 miles on it.

Since they replaced my bcm about a month or so ago I haven't had those problems, just some new stuff.

I changed my oil and rotated my tires a couple days ago, and my coolant was about an inch low in the overflow tank. It was the same way the last time I changed my oil but they replaced my water pump shortly before that, so I thought maybe it didn't get topped off. No signs of any leaks I could see, I do get a very faint anti freeze smell now and then, we'll see if that is just the over flow tank vent that they'll "fix" with some hose and tape or if I have a small leak somewhere????

Also when I was checking my tire pressure I noticed that 1 tire pressure sensor was reading 10psi lower that what I put in it. I figured I probably read the gauge wrong when I was relearning the tpms, so I double check the pressures and sure enough it was 10 psi off, after driving it for day that sensor stopped working completely, now I get the annoying service message and light.

I'll also have to tell them NOT to hack up my splash sheild, they didn't have an issue with it last time, and they understood why I didn't want it done.

So far I haven't had any issues with this dealer so I'm hopping that will continue.

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Sounds like there's a leak just big enough to let steam out. Report back on the results.

Did they make you sign a waiver for the shield?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm heading to dealer again for some warranty work this Friday. I have almost 26,000 miles on it.

Since they replaced my bcm about a month or so ago I haven't had those problems, just some new stuff.

I changed my oil and rotated my tires a couple days ago, and my coolant was about an inch low in the overflow tank. It was the same way the last time I changed my oil but they replaced my water pump shortly before that, so I thought maybe it didn't get topped off. No signs of any leaks I could see, I do get a very faint anti freeze smell now and then, we'll see if that is just the over flow tank vent that they'll "fix" with some hose and tape or if I have a small leak somewhere????

Also when I was checking my tire pressure I noticed that 1 tire pressure sensor was reading 10psi lower that what I put in it. I figured I probably read the gauge wrong when I was relearning the tpms, so I double check the pressures and sure enough it was 10 psi off, after driving it for day that sensor stopped working completely, now I get the annoying service message and light.

I'll also have to tell them NOT to hack up my splash sheild, they didn't have an issue with it last time, and they understood why I didn't want it done.

So far I haven't had any issues with this dealer so I'm hopping that will continue.

zbhover,
I would like you to keep me posted on the outcome of your service appointment. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I took my car to the dealer and found out that my service manager died 2 days ago which was sad to hear!
Wayne always seemed to make sure things got done, I wasn't a big fan of his personality, but appreciated that he would see the job got done to my satisfaction. The guy I talked to said it was some kind of rare lung disease, again sad to hear, I hope they are able to find another good service manager, the two before this guy completely SUCKED

They haven't made me sign a waiver for the shield, Wayne understood that it was just a quick fix for sloppy oil changes and knew that I was an industrial mechanic and did my own work on my car and made sure it was done correctly. The temp. guy that took care of me this time didn't understand why I wouldn't want a safety recall done, but said they don't perform any recalls without getting the ok from the customer.

They replaced the tire pressure sensor, and also plugged a slow leak I had in another tire.

On the coolant level they pressure tested the system twice and were unable to find a leak. Since there wasn't anything to fix, they couldn't do any more. He told me to bring it in when the level is low again, if they have record that it is consistently loosing coolant they'll be able to get GM to pay to explore the problem further. The dealer is only about 2 minutes from work so it won't be a big deal to swing in a time or two more.

On a good note though for the first time since I bought this car brand new I am happy with the automatic transmission!!!
I've had the issues with it lagging when taking off from a stop, or jerking, etc, not wanting to down shift when you try to pass, all the stuff everyone is always complaining about. I got in the habbit of driving mostly in manual mode, of course then you can't use 1st.......

Well after they replaced my body control module, I'm guessing it reset the programming for the trans because it SUCKED more than ever right after they did it, It was like when I first got the car and I looked like an idiot who couldn't drive a stick.... LOL So in the last 4,000 miles or so I drove ONLY in manual mode, maybe only 10-20 miles of auto mode driving. So I figured that a couple days before I took the car in I'd drive in auto mode and make a list of all the stupid things this "smart" transmission did and see if they could do anything.................. Well it doesn't do any of those stupid things anymore. When I take off from a stop it reliably and predictably shifts and accelerates, no more delays in shifting like its thinking real hard about what to do, if I step on the gas to pass someone it instantly down shifts and I'm off. I've probably drove about 100-150 miles in auto mode and I no longer have any complaints about the transmission!!! We will see if that lasts?

I don't know if the trans "learned" how it should be shifting from me driving only in manual mode where I shifted like it should??? Or if the faulty bcm was messing the the trans, or if it got new programming or what??? In the past they said there was no new programing for the trans???

It might be worth someones trouble to reset their trans and drive in manual mode for a while and see if that changes anything?

·
Registered
53 Posts
would have thought if no leak during pressure test, they might have put some dye in it to help possibly find something. if something has a tiny leak during a thermal cycle, it may not show up on a pressure test, and the dye might help find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts