Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the E-85 of course!

Saturday, while trying to show off a bit I smoked my clutch, not to bad but enough to make it considerably more loose on engagement now. Since I was waiting till this stock clutch went to do this upgrade, and since my clutch (although operating just fine) scares me now I have decided to jump on this upgrade sooner rather than later. Ordered the Clutchmasters Stage 1 Dampened Clutch and the E-85 upgrade kit.

Words can not explain how excited I am for this. Just hoping to have everything done in time for the Lordstown Meet next week!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Just curious...what did you drop it at to grenade it that badly?

Are you doing the clutch install yourself or having a shop do it for you? Please take pictures if you do! I'm curious as to how easy it is with such a little engine in there.

I've been wondering how long the Cruze's will last and would like to change it myself when it dies in a few years (I'm thinking it won't last too much past 100K). I did one on a Honda Accord...in my driveway...where there was NO ROOM AT ALL to maneuver the transmission out of the car and would never touch one of the blasted 3rd gen Accords ever again. A Saab was also extremely difficult. Friggen FWD cars.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea how to replace a clutch. I have watched videos but I would sleep better letting a shop do it. The local performance shop quoted me $500 for install and to resurface the stock flywheel for the new clutch.

I "accidentally" dumped the clutch at 4500 Rpm's (oops). 2nd and 3rd gear hung high when trying to engage those gears afterwards. That's when the portion of my A/C line that rests up against my Injen CAI melted and leaked fluid everywhere.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
E85 is awesome.

I'm running straight E85 in the crotch rocket right now. It's tuned lean and still runs cooler, smoother, and more powerfully than it does on 93....and this is without adding timing.

Operating temp dropped 10*, exhaust barely gets hot, and my WOT air/fuel is very lean. Smells like vodka and doughboys....win!

Reactions: Cruton

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
647 Posts
i would do the lighter fly wheel while they are in there!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'll probably be hopping the bandwagon soon, but will doing the tuning myself as I don't want a locked tune.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
im going to save up and probably get the lightweight flywheel idk tho yet.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts