Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Talk to me about ATF for the diesel

10301 Views 18 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  rescueswimmer
Can anyone point me to some technical data about the specification for ATF for the Aisin found in the CTD? Please note that I'm not asking for brand recommendations, opinions, or testimonials. I would use the AC Delco stuff, but at $30 a quart, I think a little research is in order first.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AW-1 Aisin Warner ATF oil. AIS-WS-QRT. Aisin / Toyota WS World Standard Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF-0WS). Lubegard #69032.
MAG 1 DEXRON®-VI
ATF, Gulfpride Synthetic Multi-Vehicle DEXRON®-VI. AISIN af40-6 fluid.
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/169-...ion-fluid-diesel-aw-af-40-6-transmission.html
I'm having trouble understanding, the linked information notwithstanding. Are you saying Dexron 6 (VI) is compatible with the AISIN AF40? In my cursory googling, I'm not seeing that. Do you have some links to support that?

· Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NO! You cannot use Dextron VI or any Dextron variant in our transmissions.
Right; I was t asking the previous poster to cite his sources.

Amazon lists Pentosin 1LV as compatible, but not the Aisin OT4, and does not mention the Aisin WS. But, the WS oil does meet the JWS 3324 standard.
Is there any actual difference between the Aisin fluid and the gold plated AC Delco ATF?

This thread suggests they are same: confirmed: New AW-1 Spec fluid by Aisin available [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

I'm still looking for a primary source to verify...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.