Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Wow, you've got your seat quite a bit further forward than I do. Mine is about where your passenger seat is. I have my cushion at about the same angle, but I think I have the seat a tiny bit higher. My seat back is at about the same angle as yours too. I experienced what you did with the steering column trim. If I go any further forward than what I have my seat currently, I smack my knee on it getting in and out and also when I hit the brakes.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Well, I did some driving around today. I tried driving with the seat up like you have yours and found that I hit my knee on the steering column. My hip pain started to come back too. So I had to back the seat up again. I'm still fiddling with what's perfect, but I've used a combination of the advice on this thread and I'm definitely close to a comfortable position. Seems like having the seat slightly elevated, the front tipped up, and the back almost straight up and down is the best. Now I just need to figure out how far back I need to go. With the seat the whole way down, I get a lot of hip pain and I think I lose some visibility. I have it moved up to about the level of the passenger's seat and it works well. I think that may have been half my problem- I had the seat too low.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
In one of your earlier posts, you mentioned hitting the steering wheel with your knee and then just scooting the seat back a little. Do you like to have your steering wheel higher or lower? I like to have mine low- just high enough I can read the gauges.

When I am seated in my driving position, the inside of the top of the steering wheel just barely clears the fuel and temp gauge. My ultragauge completely blocks the DIC screen.

I also don't ever adjust my seat. It stays in one position and one position only.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
As low as it will go. That's why I'm thinking it's too low.

I did more driving this morning and I still prefer having the seat back further than closer, but moving the seat lower and tipping the front of the cushion up definitely helped A LOT.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
I'll try putting the wheel higher to see if it changes my sitting position. I'm not used to these cars that have all the adjustments- my old Fords, the seat just goes forward and backward and I can recline the back.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Yes. I did figure out I have to do that! I'm not sure if I like sitting slightly low or slightly high. Seems like when I sit about even with the passenger's seat, I'm pretty comfy.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.