Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts
6'2" w/ 34 inseam. Manual seats - I set it 1 click forward from the back, and up 6 from the bottom. Seat is back, just shy of a right angle. I like to rest my left arm on the door for long freeway drives.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
I saw various complaints about seats clunking on the 1st gen models. I wonder if this is the same deal. I asked one of the techs here and he said he thinks it's normal, but it's pretty annoying.

I saw various complaints about seats clunking on the 1st gen models. I wonder if this is the same deal. I asked one of the techs here and he said he thinks it's normal, but it's pretty annoying.
I haven't heard of that, and certainly don't have that issue myself, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I'd hardly call it normal or common though. Manual or electric seat? Have the rear bolts holding the seat in ever been removed?

6'2" w/ 34 inseam. Manual seats - I set it 1 click forward from the back, and up 6 from the bottom. Seat is back, just shy of a right angle. I like to rest my left arm on the door for long freeway drives.
MY stats exact. Do you not notice the top of your back hitting the top cushion of the seat as it curves in with only "back just shy of right angle"? I need to put it back more or else I do, but would rather have it more up-right.

MY stats exact. Do you not notice the top of your back hitting the top cushion of the seat as it curves in with only "back just shy of right angle"? I need to put it back more or else I do, but would rather have it more up-right.
This doesn't seem to be an issue for me, but perhaps I'm putting it father back than I thought.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

this car is not comfortable for tall people, and I'm only 6 ft
I'm 6'2" and it's perfectly comfortable for me. My brother is 6'9" and he has no issues.

Not really any comparison, but as a point of interest the Holden Cruze has the brake pedal almost directly under the steering column. Being RHD it is my left leg that leans on the centre consul and does little else. I am 6'2" tall and not light, I sit with the seat fully down and not all the way back. The steering is about in the middle of the telescope and fully up. The seats are leather and operate manually. As I am the only driver the seat never gets moved. On a 10 hour interstate trip there was no discomfort and we only had a 15 minute necessary brake. I just wish there was a foot rest, other to that all is good. 2012 CDX diesel bought new and still happy with it and no issues to date.

I would hate to drive it for a long distance, I feel claustrophobic in it.
Really? I find that odd, because the interior space in this car is sublime for a compact.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.