Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a good repair manual for the diesel, but all the usual suspects specifically state that their manuals do not include the diesel engine. I saw the official factory manual available for $300 or so, and, I'm willing to spend the money to get it as long as the diesel engine is included.

What is everyone else doing for repair instructions? Online tools, factory manual, some other third party? At this moment I'm looking for timing belt change procedure information, specifications etc.

·
Banned
260 Posts
What is everyone else doing for repair instructions?
Cruzetalk... although it would be nice to get a shop manual on CD for around $25.00.:grin: I was able to do
this for my F350 years ago but have not seen one for the Cruze at this point.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I heard that Helm has one for $300. I've never seen it so don't have any personal experience.

Reactions: lakemg

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I believe there are subscription services where you can see the manual. Some may have a "day rate" of $5 or so. That will quickly tell you if they have what you need.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I heard that Helm has one for $300. I've never seen it so don't have any personal experience.
The Helm one would be a good one but is pretty pricey. Although if it allows you to do some repairs yourself, then it could have a quick return on investment.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
The manual is purchased from a company called Helm, but it is the official manual. It is $200 plus shipping. It has 5 volumes, each over 1000 pages. Volume 3, Section 9 says, "Engine Mechanical - 2.0 (LUZ) Diesel".

You can also check out the Mitchell manuals. I don't know if they cover diesel.
Do it Yourself Automobile Repair Manuals - Mitchell 1 DIY

I also saw that Amazon is listing the Haynes manual for pre-order. It will be available in April. Don't know if it covers Diesel though.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
The manual is purchased from a company called Helm, but it is the official manual. It is $200 plus shipping. It has 5 volumes, each over 1000 pages. Volume 3, Section 9 says, "Engine Mechanical - 2.0 (LUZ) Diesel".

You can also check out the Mitchell manuals. I don't know if they cover diesel.
Do it Yourself Automobile Repair Manuals - Mitchell 1 DIY

I also saw that Amazon is listing the Haynes manual for pre-order. It will be available in April. Don't know if it covers Diesel though.
Did you say you found a Helm manual for $200? Please post a link.

Reactions: MRO1791 and Tomko

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I paid $200 for mine about a year ago. I just checked the Helm site and they are now $300. Glad I got mine last year.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Did you say you found a Helm manual for $200? Please post a link.
The site also says that they are now a reproduction of the original manual. Mine is the original manual, not a reproduction.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I paid $200 for mine about a year ago. I just checked the Helm site and they are now $300. Glad I got mine last year.
I do seem to recall they had them on sale for a while last year. I should have jumped on it then. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: MRO1791

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel “49000 miles”
52 Posts
I'm looking to get a good repair manual for the diesel, but all the usual suspects specifically state that their manuals do not include the diesel engine. I saw the official factory manual available for $300 or so, and, I'm willing to spend the money to get it as long as the diesel engine is included.

What is everyone else doing for repair instructions? Online tools, factory manual, some other third party? At this moment I'm looking for timing belt change procedure information, specifications etc.
Here you go buddy best of the best

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Did the manual come with wiring diagrams? The reason I have not purchased is the site says it would not have them, and frankly that is a very important thing in a modern car, and for $300 I expect the wiring diagrams.

I was able to get a complete manual from FCA for my Dodge truck on CD for less than $100 and it has the wiring diagrams. I'm not impressed with GM on how it controls its service manuals.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts