Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
My service guy told me today that some cruze's are coming in with water in the trunk after rain or car wash. They are finding a missing spot weld on the inside lip of the fender right where the lid comes down passenger side. There should be 5 but sometimes there is 4. He said they are waiting for GM to issue a TSB. He also said something about a TSB on a splash shield for the A/C compressor they replaced for me today

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im on my second 6mt in my 1.4t lt1 ...soon to be third (same issue) theres a big TSB on that tranny. thing is junk. car has 17k on it. clutch/pressure plate is fine. they reused it. 1st and third are junk. also 4th gear vibrates wicked...

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
Im on my second 6mt in my 1.4t lt1 ...soon to be third (same issue) theres a big TSB on that tranny. thing is junk. car has 17k on it. clutch/pressure plate is fine. they reused it. 1st and third are junk. also 4th gear vibrates wicked...
Thwy finally fixes the vibration I had in fourth with a new shifter and shifter cable but my 1 to 2 shift is still horrible I also am on my second transmission.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts

PureEnergi,
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your transmission again. Have you been back to the dealer? I would be happy to look into this for you. If you would like my assistance please feel free to PM me. Either way, please keep me posted.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Premium Member
398 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Customer Satisfaction Program #13101 - Clunking Noise When Turning

SUBJECT: Clunking Noise When Turning

MODELS: 2013 Chevrolet Cruze

THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL MAY 31, 2015.

CONDITION
On certain 2013 model year Chevrolet Cruze vehicles, a possible tear in the passenger side steering gear boot may allow moisture and contamination to enter the boot. This could cause a clunking noise when making a turn. If this clunking noise is ignored and contamination continues to build, it could cause the loss of power steering assist.

CORRECTION
Dealers are to replace the passenger side steering gear boot on all vehicles. On customer vehicles, dealers are to also inspect the steering gear, and if signs of contamination are present, replace the steering gear.

There are only 300 vehicles involved in this update. Your dealer can tell you if yours is one of the three hundred.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Date:
August 15, 2013
Subject:
Upcoming Safety Recall 12213
Possible Loss of Brake Assist
Models:
2011–2012 Chevrolet Cruze Equipped with 1.4L DOHC Gasoline
Turbo Engine (LUJ) and 6T40 FWD Automatic Transmission (MH8)

Based on information from the National Highway Traffic SafetyAdministration (NHTSA) website, the media may report that General Motors willbe announcing a safety recall that involves certain 2011–2012 model yearChevrolet Cruze vehicles equipped with 1.4L DOHC gasoline turbo engine (LUJ)and 6T40 FWD automatic transmission (MH8).
This engine-transmissioncombination requires supplemental vacuum under certain operating conditions.The electric vacuum pump (EVP) provides the supplemental vacuum, and if this isnot available, brake assist may be intermittently reduced or lost requiringextra brake pedal effort. If this happens while the vehicle is moving, a crashcould result without prior warning. To correct thiscondition, dealers will remove and replace a microswitch in the power brakevacuum pipe assembly. Dealers will be advised when the recall bulletin andcustomer notification letter are scheduled for release. However, to assist withcustomer inquiries, we have attached a Q&A document for immediatereference.
My note: Dealers will not have parts yet.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Date:
August 15, 2013
Subject:
Upcoming Safety Recall 12213
Possible Loss of Brake Assist
Models:
2011–2012 Chevrolet Cruze Equipped with 1.4L DOHC Gasoline
Turbo Engine (LUJ) and 6T40 FWD Automatic Transmission (MH8)

Based on information from the National Highway Traffic SafetyAdministration (NHTSA) website, the media may report that General Motors willbe announcing a safety recall that involves certain 2011–2012 model yearChevrolet Cruze vehicles equipped with 1.4L DOHC gasoline turbo engine (LUJ)and 6T40 FWD automatic transmission (MH8).
This engine-transmissioncombination requires supplemental vacuum under certain operating conditions.The electric vacuum pump (EVP) provides the supplemental vacuum, and if this isnot available, brake assist may be intermittently reduced or lost requiringextra brake pedal effort. If this happens while the vehicle is moving, a crashcould result without prior warning. To correct thiscondition, dealers will remove and replace a microswitch in the power brakevacuum pipe assembly. Dealers will be advised when the recall bulletin andcustomer notification letter are scheduled for release. However, to assist withcustomer inquiries, we have attached a Q&A document for immediatereference.
My note: Dealers will not have parts yet.
Does this mean all 2011-2012 Cruzen with the 1.4T and AT, or just a batch? Seems like it would be all of them.......

·
Registered
18 Posts
...and, here is the "new" process to follow:

1) first, look through the Condition/Cause column for the problem symptoms.
2) second, note the PI, Bulletin, or TSB number.
3) lastly, take that number to GM TechLink and use their "search" function to obtain more specific information and details.

PI/TSB/#........CONDITION/CAUSE:
PI0326..........CEL; no A/C; DIC: "A/C Off Due to High Engine Temp"
So, I have this exact issue going on with my '11 Cruze Eco. When I do the search with code "PI0326" (or just 0326), I either get no hits or up comes a bunch of Truck issues which is just useless to be a bit blunt.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
So, I have this exact issue going on with my '11 Cruze Eco. When I do the search with code "PI0326" (or just 0326), I either get no hits or up comes a bunch of Truck issues which is just useless to be a bit blunt.
TechLink was pretty clear on this PI back in February of 2011. It was my fourth hit when I Googled "chevy cruze pi0326". You stated in another post that you've had the water pump and thermostat changed, but the tech. did not reset the CEL code. Makes me wonder if he/she didn't do the firmware update portion of the PI. Does your workorder, or dealer documentation, show that the tech also redid the calibration (updated the firmware)?

http://www.sandyblogs.com/techlink/Feb 2011 Techlink F.pdf

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi everyone !!! :cool: (New guy to the forums)
Did a little research on the meaning of "PI" when used with a code number.
Some people are using the term.."Problem Information" for it.
Don't know for sure if it's legit',...but it seems to work.

Any other thoughts ????

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
The first us of PI was for Preliminary Information and then the next step was a Technical Service Bulletin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got about 3 of those - most recently the engine no crank. I had my battery, starter and alternator tested and they're all good. Took it to a Chevy dealer here in my area, told it could be a loose negative battery cable. Replaced it, problem still apparent. I've had to have my oil pump and water pump replaced since I've purchased the vehicle at roughly 42k miles almost 1 year ago. I have about 59k now and I'm really considering trading it in if I can't find a Chevy dealer whose going to be straight up with me and fix my car like they should. What should I do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you are in the southern California region, you should take it to Martin Chevrolet in Torrance. They really know what they are doing. they will take the extra time with you to get it right.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
LOSS OF STEERING CONTROL MAY INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH. its a good thing i read this because i didnt know that was dangerous!!!!
Use to say the most important part of a vehicle is the nut that holds the steering wheel.

Ha, read over thousands of TSB's over the years, if a wheel falls off, screw it back on kind of thing.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Good morning MichaelRushing,

We offer our sincere apology for the frustration you're experiencing with your vehicle. If you would like for us to reach out to a local dealership on your behalf to look into some options with regard to your concern, send us a private message. In this message please include your VIN, full contact information and name of dealership. We look forward to your response and working with you. Have a great holiday weekend!

Marlea W.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
20 Posts
cannot find TSB PI0447 (harsh transmission downshift) 2011 Cruze, search comes back no results found, can anyone post this bulletin?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts