Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was checking out the pics from the Lordstown plant visit and came across a post from XtremeAaron on some very nice tail lights at this link post #5,

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/18-e...2013-lordstown-trip-picture-video-thread.html

So I looked the company up and wrote them to find out more on these tail lights and this was the repsonse,

"Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Our plug-and-play LED light for the Cruze are priced at $399 for the set of four lights.

We expect these to be available mid-July. We will put your name on our email list so you will be among the first to know when these are ready to ship.

Todd
Technostalgia
2260 Long Dairy Road
Graham NC 27253
www.cool-leds.com
866-258-5670"

That seems like an average price for aftermarket tails. I think these do quite a bit more than most aftermarket tails, and look pretty sweet too. Thoughts?!?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I'm in assuming installation won't be too difficult. I have the brake alert feature on my third brake light already but really like the idea of putting it on all the brake lights.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sent an Email to Todd about a group buy and see if we could get a discount if we get enough buyers for them. I will post back what he says. Either way I think that is a great price as long as the quality is true PNP without any extra modifying like some sets require.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
They are pretty sweet aren't they.... When I first saw them I know I drooled a little lol
Now imagine seeing them in person like we did :wink:

They are truly plug and play. There is a "box" that is the logic board that gets installed between the wiring harness and the headlight and it controls all the motions that the headlights do when power is sent to the logic board. Really clean and really cool.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
That's nice but that means they are using imported lights and just adding a harness adapter. Group buy price is going to have to be better than 10 bucks off for me to jump on board. I'm willing to pay more for American made products.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
That's it!? $10.00 lousy bucks? What the **** kind of incentive is that to even buy them? Not to mention they are using sub-standard parts. To **** with them and their tail lights!
In person those tail lights were very very cool and I would love to have a set of them on my Cruze. Here's hoping Tod comes back with a better group buy rate.
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think they are quite sharp but I am not a fan of the turn signal effect. I wonder if there is a way to change this?

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's it!? $10.00 lousy bucks? What the **** kind of incentive is that to even buy them? Not to mention they are using sub-standard parts. To **** with them and their tail lights!
In person those tail lights were very very cool and I would love to have a set of them on my Cruze. Here's hoping Tod comes back with a better group buy rate.
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I don't know where $10 even came in the picture, he hasn't written back yet. Don't get your hopes up yet they may not do a group buy... Just be patient I will post back on any updates from Todd.

1 - 20 of 535 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.