Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi y'all,

I have a LTZ approaching 3K miles. The temp gauge needle during normal operations is just shy of the hash before the 1/2 way mark between Cold and Hot.

Is that your "normal" operating temp? If I was experiencing the issue of Thermostat always open, what would I see on my Temp Gauge?

Thanks everyone. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone have a slight smell of coolant coming from HVAC everyone so often? I check coolant level and it's at the proper level.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Never noticed any smells. I usually let noises go if they sound non-threatening, but if I smell something funny coming from my car, I usually take it in immediately.

Also, my needle stays in the same place.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...samething on our LTZ.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. Does anyone have a slight smell of coolant coming from HVAC everyone so often? I check coolant level and it's at the proper level.
I had it once. I was doing a few tests with the hand brake and after a while I got that smell. I opened the hood but couldn’t see anything smoking. The car had just a few miles, I couldn’t repeat this behavior….

·
Registered
277 Posts
Same needle position; no coolant smell yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I had that same issue! The coolant smell was horrible. One day I noticed it wasn’t coming up when I used the recirculating vents. I’ve been dealing with constant leaks and hoses ripping. Today i think I found the culprit to the whole thing. I used the coolant dye and saw that the reservoir tank was leaking. Apparently a very common thing in cruzes. Replaced that and it seemed to fix the leak and ac issues

1 - 16 of 16 Posts