Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Temperature Reading Being Funky

7167 Views 45 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  chevycruze2012
Hello guys. I went out to my car today to make a call to onstar to update my account information with my car insurance company, and I happened to look at my radio screen and noticed that my temperature was reading in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. It was just reading in Fahrenheit the other day when I cleaned my car out. Can anyone tell me why this might be?. Has anyone else ran into this issue with their cruze?. Thanks for the help in advance.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Did you switch your car to Metric to check your fuel economy? If so, the temperature readouts also switch.

· Banned
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I switched it to imperial.

· Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Well I switched it to imperial.
You have confused the poor thing. Maybe because Canada uses "C" imperial automatically switches the reading to C. We made the switch from "F" to "C" in 1976 when the country went from imperial to the much easier once you get used to it metric. When the switch was made I had to use both systems and I would hate to go back to feet and inches again.

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Wish the US would just switch the metric system, last I heard the USA and a small handful of third world country's are the only ones not using it. Guess us Americans are all to stupid to learn something new.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
Imperial in the Cruze shows Celsius for the temperature. It assumes that you are in Canada.

· Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Wish the US would just switch the metric system, last I heard the USA and a small handful of third world country's are the only ones not using it. Guess us Americans are all to stupid to learn something new.
I remember reading that USA made an attempt to change to metric and the people wouldn't have it and it was dropped.

· Resident Forum Drunkard
8,257 Posts
Sup Aussie , well you would hate those pesky Milimeters then .how about a ten thousandth . -40 DEGREES IS THE SAME .

· Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Sup Aussie , well you would hate those pesky Milimeters then .how about a ten thousandth . -40 DEGREES IS THE SAME .
You are missing the point mm's are easy to use everything is in 10's so working out is easy. Are you aware that your currency is metric?

I never have to worry about -40, now +40 is another story.

8,257 Posts
Yeah very aware of the goofie money . From the tens !

8,257 Posts
No the us is not too stupid to learn !
It really boiled down to manufacturing with a different set of given dimensions . And the total reconstruction of tooling .

Tell that to a machinist whom has to redesign something that is perfectly safe and sound and then tell that to the banks that would need to cover that cost to change over .. it was about the money and always will be .

Guess what there is still money in an inch .

· Premium Member
3,909 Posts
No the us is not too stupid to learn !
It really boiled down to manufacturing with a different set of given dimensions . And the total reconstruction of tooling .

Tell that to a machinist whom has to redesign something that is perfectly safe and sound and then tell that to the banks that would need to cover that cost to change over .. it was about the money and always will be .

Guess what there is still money in an inch .
You don't change everything in one go, when something is re designed, then you use metric. Anything that is set you leave alone, the rest you merely change when building new. We did it and are better off for it.

8,257 Posts
Right . But that is unlikely to happen here , so do the Australians have to have A S E and Metric Tools ?

· Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,876 Posts
Right . But that is unlikely to happen here , so do the Australians have to have OE and Metric Tools ?
Most US cars have switched to metric too.

The Cruze, being an overseas model, uses metric bolts anywhere there isn't a snap or rivet fitting as far as I've seen.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

8,257 Posts
Don't you mean Torx and Metric !

It is still about money .

· Banned
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How did we go from talking about temperature readouts to tools LOL...wow guys. Anyway, when obermd said something about metric setting on my car, I was actually beginning to wonder that in the car but I wasn't sure. I tried messing with some settings on my radio...but nothing happened. Now that he mentioned it, it makes complete and total sense. Ill go back and change that back to what it was because having it on Celsius is really screwing with me LMFAO.

Reactions: obermd
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.