Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,423 Posts
I've already bought the crank seal, tensioner and belt to do mine as it makes the funky noise when the AC is turned on and with or without it on I get a chirp. I have also bought a used intake and XtremeRevolution's kit for the PCV fix. Now I just need to do it all and hopefully my two intermittent codes go away with the noises.

My question is what is the gasket that came with the crank seal for? The timing cover?

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is likely the missing check valve below the hose causing the crankshaft seal to chirp. It's the weakest point for crankcase pressure to escape.

The hose should pull off with a firm grasp once you've removed the clamp. A pair of channel locks might help.
So if I decide to end that mess GM created and install one of the PCV Fix kits, and replace the front Crankshaft seal; do I need to still need to inspect that? Is there really anything there that would be accomplished? Also does the valve cover need to be replaced? I did notice some oil around and on the spark plugs. New Valve cover also?

It has been a good car, I do hope doing all three things will solve this for a long time.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,546 Posts
So if I decide to end that mess GM created and install one of the PCV Fix kits, and replace the front Crankshaft seal; do I need to still need to inspect that? Is there really anything there that would be accomplished? Also does the valve cover need to be replaced? I did notice some oil around and on the spark plugs. New Valve cover also?

It has been a good car, I do hope doing all three things will solve this for a long time.
Youll need to get it off to remove the intake to install the kit.

Does sound like the VC might be leaking.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts