Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze and I was involved in an accident with a deer on 11/11/16. My insurance agency gave me a few options for repair so I chose my local Chevrolet dealership, Hardy Chevrolet in Gainesville, GA, because I thought they would do the best job as they are a Chevrolet dealership. They had my car for 2 weeks when they called and said it was done. I went and looked at it before I took it and was very disappointed. There was debris in the paint, the paint around the windshield (which they had replaced) was gouged from installing the windshield, and the paint that they sprayed on the rear quarter panel was not even (looked like clouds.) This was all that I noticed on this day as it really irritated me that they would let the car go looking like this. The manager said he'd get it taken care of and waived my deductible. A week later, Wednesday, November 30th, they called and said the car was ready again. I went and picked it up. The collision center was closed, it was dark, and it was rainy so I wasn't able to inspect the car very well, but I did notice that someone had left a half full can of Mountain Dew energy drink in my cup holder. Today, December 1st, I inspected the car when I got to work and the sun came up. All of the issues that I brought up previously were still there, except they did try to fix the gouges on the A pillars by globbing paint into the crevice. A new issue that I noticed was that it appeared as though they buffed my car with the doors open as there was body dust all inside my car. I also noticed several other issues that I discussed with the Collision Center manager. He said that he would have a loaner car for me to use if I dropped my car off. I dropped my car up after the Collision Center had closed. The loaner car I was given is disgustingly filthy and the brakes are messed up. The brake pedal is spongy until it is depressed about half way at which point it grabs hard. I am very dissatisfied with the service that has been provided. I'm going to call back tomorrow, the 2nd, and see what the manager wants to do, but this loaner car and quality control is unacceptable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to State Farm regarding the issues and they said that if it wasn't fixed properly this time that they would escalate it and have it fixed elsewhere. I talked to Hardy regarding the loaner car and they rented a car for me through Enterprise at the dealership's expense. The people in charge of the body shop aren't bad to deal with, it's just the quality of work that is put out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts