Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's good to see that Tesla isn't perfect. But I imagine that Tesla does an amazing job helping these customers out. Very different from many Chevrolet dealers who either say they can't duplicate the problem, or that it's normal for a production car.

Tesla Model X owners finding car doors won’t shut, windows won’t close | TechCrunch

I especially like this statement: "...a glitch with a new entertainment device is one thing; it’s a rather different story when the newest gadget to fail you is your car."

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Wonder if this thing would fly with the rear doors opened? Could try driving it off the edge of a cliff and see what happens.
Only if you reach V2 first.

One percenter problems.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I also read somewhere they are having trouble with the windshields giving "double vision" because of how large they are. It sounds like the design of the Model X will really cost them a lot of extra money. Wonder how many people are going to try and make it fly? Haha

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Tesla just hit 100,000 vehicles over the years, GM manufacturers 9 million per year, very low production practically in the prototype stage.

Unibody looks like any other vehicle made today, doubt if they are making their own, but modifying someone else's. Like those guys that make those stretch limo's and add a bunch of electronic crap to it that give nightmare type problems when something goes wrong.

Those gull wing doors remind me of a 57 Mercedes Benz 300 SLR I had for a day and back then, could have picked up for a couple of thousand. Been kicking myself for years, never thought this car would have been worth $300,000 later. Was on a hot August day, no AC, could only crack the windows down a bit, and darn near was baked alive in that thing. So didn't buy it.

But collectors today are idiots and pay a small fortune for stuff like this, like an error on a stamp with an airplane flying upsidedown. No such thing as collectors back then.

So someone at Tesla said, lets copy that 300SLR and charge a fortune for it. But why the rear doors and not the front? And because its made in small quantities, custom job, will always have problems.

One for sure, rear seat getting all wet if those doors are opened during a rain. Up north with ice rains, won't be able to open them.

But its a Tesla? Gotta have one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts