Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking of picking up one of the Tesla style android tablet head units. Has anyone here had any experience with any of these? I have a 2014 LT if that matters. It seems most the time I set my phone infront of the screen to run Waze more that using the onboard Nav. These look cool, not really worried about loosing the DVD player. My biggest thing is I want the steering wheel controls to work with the new headunit

https://www.amazon.com/Quadcore-1024x768-Navigation-Chevrolet-2009-2014/dp/B0784BPXT1

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851599374.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Style-Android-8-0-Car-Dvd-player-Navigation-For-Chevrolet-Cruze-2010-2014-/123353722751

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve actually thought about doing this, apparently if you get the one from Seicane it comes with the exact harness you need for the Cruze in order to maintain your wheel controls. Let me know if you do it, I’m curious as well.

·
Registered
633 Posts

Installed mine last week. Everything works as it should. It was advertised as an android 8.0 but its actually 6.0. That's my only complaint. That and I cant get disney+ installed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Awesome Eddie. Thanks.for the feedback. Install fairly straightforward? Did you install a backup camera? Does one car work?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Install is all plug and play for the headunit. I already had an aftermarket backup cam, plugged right in to the harness provided. Idk what one car is but I can do android auto or mirror link, whatever it's called. Just cant see netflix/prime video/disney+ content via that setup. I have Netflix and prime video apps installed on the HU so that's not a problrm... I just cant get disney+ to install for some reason.

I did not have the pioneer system, just the basic mylink touch display and 6 speakers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok ya trying to find anyone who had the Pioneer system and did one of these. Yes I know will loose a few speakers but at this point we will take a stereo that works and turn signals that have audio noise.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'll see if onstar works. They include a little speaker for the signal noises, no longer coming.out the driver front speakers. LOVE that since I'm running an amplifier for my front stage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cool and thanks!
I have the eco model, which has 9 speakers... Not sure if they will all work. Many unknowns. After install I'll do a back up and dash cam ideally.

Orders today after hearing back from you, so many thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seeing this makes me want to fit a large tablet into my 2016 Limited but I’ve always heard I’ll lose a lot of “functionality”, of which I can only assume would be the USB port in my center console and steering wheel controls. Any insight into how all your connections work now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
View attachment 284718

Installed mine last week. Everything works as it should. It was advertised as an android 8.0 but its actually 6.0. That's my only complaint. That and I cant get disney+ installed
I bought one that says android 9.1 and it shows 9.1 when I go to settings but of course no instructions.

I have a 2012 1.4 ltz with full touch nav and steering wheel controls from the factory and pioneer 9 speaker system.

But I'm lost on getting sound. All controls seem to work but no sound. I don't know exactly what is what on the backside of factory or this android.

Ideas?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts