Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Tesla style android tablet head units

153K views 265 replies 72 participants last post by  elmarvocado 
#1 ·
So I'm thinking of picking up one of the Tesla style android tablet head units. Has anyone here had any experience with any of these? I have a 2014 LT if that matters. It seems most the time I set my phone infront of the screen to run Waze more that using the onboard Nav. These look cool, not really worried about loosing the DVD player. My biggest thing is I want the steering wheel controls to work with the new headunit

https://www.amazon.com/Quadcore-1024x768-Navigation-Chevrolet-2009-2014/dp/B0784BPXT1

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851599374.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Styl...n-For-Chevrolet-Cruze-2010-2014-/123353722751

#18 ·
View attachment 284718

Installed mine last week. Everything works as it should. It was advertised as an android 8.0 but its actually 6.0. That's my only complaint. That and I cant get disney+ installed
I bought one that says android 9.1 and it shows 9.1 when I go to settings but of course no instructions.

I have a 2012 1.4 ltz with full touch nav and steering wheel controls from the factory and pioneer 9 speaker system.

But I'm lost on getting sound. All controls seem to work but no sound. I don't know exactly what is what on the backside of factory or this android.

Ideas?

#133 ·
so i just installed mine and if you have factory back up camera you gotta take a end of rca cable cut it off leaving like 8in and take the 2 end of rca cable and put one of the wires into pin 5 n the other into pin 15 on grey 20 pin connector coming out of factory harness... and it works my issue with the radio so far is that my wheel controls dont work and for some reason my turn signal noises dont work and a couple other things..

#9 ·
Install is all plug and play for the headunit. I already had an aftermarket backup cam, plugged right in to the harness provided. Idk what one car is but I can do android auto or mirror link, whatever it's called. Just cant see netflix/prime video/disney+ content via that setup. I have Netflix and prime video apps installed on the HU so that's not a problrm... I just cant get disney+ to install for some reason.

I did not have the pioneer system, just the basic mylink touch display and 6 speakers.

#14 ·
Seeing this makes me want to fit a large tablet into my 2016 Limited but I’ve always heard I’ll lose a lot of “functionality”, of which I can only assume would be the USB port in my center console and steering wheel controls. Any insight into how all your connections work now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 ·
I just purchased one and had it installed. I am having many issues. Like my dash language is Chinese. I see where I can change it on the radio but it will not let me change it. The only wires not hooked up are the canl and the canh. Steering wheel controls are not allowing to be programed either. Someone help

Attachments

#33 ·
Hey all, so is the general consensus that the easiest (possibly only?) way to keep all 9 Pioneer speakers is to stick with OEM? I was thinking of going aftermarket, but that would be a hard break if I can’t do it without sacrificing 1/3 of my speakers. My current receiver is dead.

#34 ·
I have been looking and waiting to see how and if someone tackles the Pioneer 9 speaker system with a upgrade or modify unit. As mine has been dead for almost 3 yrs now. For now we just use a Bose sitting on our touch display edge.
But getting to the point of doing something.

#35 ·
My cruze had some mechanical issues I've been getting worked out. Now that those are fixed I'm back to looking at these style head units.

@Miguelcon74 @eddiefromcali

would yall mind dropping a link to the units you picked up off Ebay?

Also @eddiefromcali try downloading the .apk for the Disney+ installer and side load it to your head unit. could try putting in on a USB, or a Bluetooth file transfer from your phone to the head unit to side load the installer.

#36 ·
Was able to install the app...its a 3 apk install so you need another app to merge/install it for you...simple enough.

Actual unit I got.