Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any pics on how you guys adjusted your tesla style radio to fit into your Chevy Cruze? I feel like I've moved it into both of the two positions and it still dosen't fit because of that molded plasting mounting bracket on the Chevy Cruze, correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Happy to say the new version has settings change to let you change the kilometers to MPH and Celsius to Farenheight. My 2012 LTZ RS got hit in rear and was totaled out, insurance company the driver had would not let me remove radio which really made me mad but I got a check back for 2k more than I paid for car.

Took me forever to find another Cruze I liked as I was specifically looking for a 2015 with RS package. Everyone I found was either to far or white. I hate white. Finally found a Berlin Blue RS with only 75k. I wanted another Carbon Black one but oh well.That in itself was alot harder than I thought.

Anyways, ordered a new tablet radio but this time from Amazon and was really surprised they now have the setting for the MPH and Temp for Climate Controls. You can also use the screen now to set your AC or heat.This one was 159.99 compared to the other which cost me almost 300.00 but I will say the quality and sound was much better on the 300.00 radio. This one just doesn't sound as good as the other. It's like anything under 20 on the volume the internal amp in radio shuts off as there is a huge difference in sound quality when you go to 20. It's like you turn the loud button on manually when you go from 19 to 20 but you don't. It's loud enough though. I think I'll take being able to change those two setting changes over sound quality as that bugged me on the other radio. I bought cheaper 6.5" speakers this go around too and there is a great amount of difference. The listing stated the RMS was 90 per: speaker but I'd say they're pressing it if they're 45. Do not waste your money on the Pyle "300 Watt" blue speakers on Amazon, there is a reason they are only 28.00 a pair.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here ya go, this was before I found the Celsius and KM to Farenheight and MPH settings. I'll update pic after bit for you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is the stock launcher with the MPH and Farenheight. Go to Protocol Parameter settings, in factory settings and it's near the bottom. If I could just find an update for the sound settings.

Same exact headunit as is in my '12 LTZ RS but the sound is nowhere as near as good. It seems to have two volume settings 1-19, very low and 20 to 30 loud as if the internal amps comes on. The weird thing is, you launch the installed songs on the radio player and the sound is killer but I don't want to jam out to Chinese music. Anyone know how to root and program? I'm good with installation and some soldering to boards but when it comes to programming I'm clueless.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is the stock launcher with the MPH and Farenheight. Go to Protocol Parameter settings, in factory settings and it's near the bottom. If I could just find an update for the sound settings.

Same exact headunit as is in my '12 LTZ RS but the sound is nowhere as near as good. It seems to have two volume settings 1-19, very low and 20 to 30 loud as if the internal amps comes on. The weird thing is, you launch the installed songs on the radio player and the sound is killer but I don't want to jam out to Chinese music. Anyone know how to root and program? I'm good with installation and some soldering to boards but when it comes to programming I'm clueless.
Can you tell me where under factory you went to change it to Celsius and MPH? What CanBus do you have it set to?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone please tell me if these wires that aren’t connected to anything are used and where to I splice then in at my Cruze is a 2013 LT has the reverse camera but no nav and just basic speaker system sorry if someone asked this I’ve looked everywhere for the answer and can’t find any. View attachment 289925

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got mine installed and really like it... But as someone else said, the FM tuner app doesn't show info like the stock radio did (name of song and artist). No AM or XM either.

It looks great and sounds better than stock in the front speakers but the back sound weak. The unit I got fit right in, no need to reposition or cut anything.

One other minor complaint is I can't place apps on the home screen or in the bar at the top. For instance, I have a garage door opener app that I'd like to have quick access to. And mention a second time - a better FM tuner app. Also, sometimes the radio gets a bit staticky. I assume either a loose connection or their cheap adapter. But I do get a ton of FM stations

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry for late reply but the Amazon unit for 199.99 is the same unit I purchased. I really do not recommend getting one of these unless it has at least the 2 gigs of ram and 32 gigs of internal memory just for the simple fact that the internal amp chip is better. Going from the 7388 chip to the TDA7851 Amp is a tremendous difference. You can also add a Pioneer Amp chip.

If you can solder, I'd buy the cheapest unit I could find and upgrade the board. It can be alot of fun but if you cannot solder stay away from any 1ram/16 internal unless you want to add an amp and an EQ is a must as the internal 7388 EQ is terrible. You can make a killer system with the 7388 but the TDA7851 and up usually come with an internal DSP. You will spend more for the unit but you really do not need an amp as the internal DSP and Amp are quite good, especially if you upgrade your front speakers to component speakers and swap out the rear with a decent 3 way speaker. I wasn't running any rear speakers and just thought something wasn't right but I'm old school and always have liked a good set of rear speakers.

Skar Audio make incredible component speakers, even the lowest price set on Amazon are great. In the back I use JBL's and JBL only.
As for the tweeters, I've tried a few different sets out but I think the stock tweeters are actually pretty good and put them back in. Amps are all over the place but if you're on a budget as most of us are these days or just do not want to throw a bunch of money into a system there are a few amps and EQ's on the cheaper side that are quite good. I listen to rock music so I am just looking for a great overall sound. I'm not looking for pounding bass.

Hopefully this helps you guys out. It usually all comes down to personal preference. Right now I'm wanting a more factory look. I'm using a Kenwood double din where the monochrome screen is; I just need to find a bracket kit to move my monochrome screen to the center of the dash. Just research the info on these units. Like I said, you can make a killer system for under 500.00 if you know what to buy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just installed one but how do you get KM to MPH and Celsius to farenheight? View attachment 288151
They told you can’t change it but I saw some one do it, I don’t know if it was the same version.
I have a question. I changed the screen resolution and now the screen is useless because I think it flipped the screen and it’s too big.”, can’t use the screen. I tried the reset hole on the left and didn’t work. It’s there another way to reset the whole radio to factory settings?
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same here, I lost my steering wheel control when I switched to old Cruze so tomorrow back to new Cruze. But, I'm gonna keep messing around with it. I have an OBD bluetooth reader that will be here Monday. A guy on FB said that should put everything where it needs to be. I can live without the steering wheel volume as I never used it anyways. I bought this car a month ago and have yet to put 100 miles on it. Lol I updated alot on the car, mechanically. Preventive more so than anything. Probably gonna update the PVC unit on the intake although mine seems fine. I may buy a ported intake, not really sure what way I'm going as my buddy has a parts car that has a good intake on, so I might do the kit on that one. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!
Hey make sure you don’t change the screen resolution. I changed mine and I can’t switch it back because the the touch screen is useless. I tried the reset button on the left of the screen but didn’t fix it. Do you know how to reset the whole radio?
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just purchased one and had it installed. I am having many issues. Like my dash language is Chinese. I see where I can change it on the radio but it will not let me change it. The only wires not hooked up are the canl and the canh. Steering wheel controls are not allowing to be programed either. Someone help
Was u able to figure it out ? Cause I’m having the same issues

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased one and had it installed. I am having many issues. Like my dash language is Chinese. I see where I can change it on the radio but it will not let me change it. The only wires not hooked up are the canl and the canh. Steering wheel controls are not allowing to be programed either. Someone help
Did you resolve this issue? I've got the same problem, I assume the canbus connection is the issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought one of these, this exactly model 656.78R$ 3% de desconto|Zoyoskii android 10 vetical tesla tela carro gps multimídia jogador de rádio para chevrolet cruze j300 holden daewoo lacett 2009 2015|Reprodutor multimídia automotivo| - AliExpress

For some reason that i don't know, sometimes the screen starts to move alone. I don't know if is related to a subwoofer i installed before with Amplifier module, could be the problem? some kind of interferance?
That I don’t know what it is, have you ever tried to reset the screen. Hold the screen with all fingers and thumb = 5 for a couple of seconds then follow the dots, make sure to touch the on the right spots then save. Good luck

181 - 200 of 221 Posts