Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Cruze Limited LTZ 1.4t
33 Posts
I’ve had my Tesla style installed for about 6 months, and I love it! Especially since all I ever use is Apple CarPlay. However, the internal mic is HORRIBLE! No one can understand a single thing I say. Using Siri to ask to text or call someone is also not usable because the internal mic sucks so bad. Has anyone done any mods to the unit to tie the HU wiring into the factory Cruze mic?
Oh, I’ve also still not been able to find where to change km to miles & C to F. But since I’ve always got the CarPlay app open, that doesn’t matter much.
One thing I would love to have is the outdoor temp displayed at all times, but I don’t think that’s possible either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve had my Tesla style installed for about 6 months, and I love it! Especially since all I ever use is Apple CarPlay. However, the internal mic is HORRIBLE! No one can understand a single thing I say. Using Siri to ask to text or call someone is also not usable because the internal mic sucks so bad. Has anyone done any mods to the unit to tie the HU wiring into the factory Cruze mic?
Oh, I’ve also still not been able to find where to change km to miles & C to F. But since I’ve always got the CarPlay app open, that doesn’t matter much.
One thing I would love to have is the outdoor temp displayed at all times, but I don’t think that’s possible either.
Try using a different phone, it might be the iPhone that is causing it, even if the phone works good by itself. It might be causing some interference between the radio and the phone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try using a different phone, it might be the iPhone that is causing it, even if the phone works good by itself. It might be causing some interference between the radio and the phone.
Thanks. I thought of that a while back and did try another phone. Albeit another iPhone. Had the same problem. That internal mic seems to be almost useless. Am hoping someone has figured out a way to use the factory GM mic with the Tesla style HU.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks. I thought of that a while back and did try another phone. Albeit another iPhone. Had the same problem. That internal mic seems to be almost useless. Am hoping someone has figured out a way to use the factory GM mic with the Tesla style HU.
Have you tried an android phone?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I haven’t. I’m not an Android person at all.
While I understand and appreciate you commenting, I really don’t believe it’s the phone or connection to the phone.
If I’ve got the car shut off, with zero road noise and the windows up, it works fine and people can understand me.
If I hook up via Bluetooth, rather than CarPlay, it’s identical.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I haven’t. I’m not an Android person at all.
While I understand and appreciate you commenting, I really don’t believe it’s the phone or connection to the phone.
If I’ve got the car shut off, with zero road noise and the windows up, it works fine and people can understand me.
If I hook up via Bluetooth, rather than CarPlay, it’s identical.
Ok how about your car, do you have LED head lights on your car? My LED head lights interfere With my radio. If you have LED Head lights Try shutting them off, even the daytime lights, if it if at day time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I do, but I installed the new headlights well after the Tesla HU. The mic problem has been an issue since day 1, so that eliminates the HLs causing interference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same problem, even after screen reset with 5 fingers at the screen.
I have no problem with mine. It gets hot, I got a couple of fans, haven’t install them yet. I had a screen problem before, but it was that I rotated the screen 90 degree to the left, it’s all good now

·
Registered
28 Posts
In factory settings under CANBUS Protocol Settings, both are near bottom. My settings are under Raise - GE New Cruze.
How did u figure out what canbus protocol settings where for your car ?? I have a 2011 LT model an
Can’t seem to figure out which one is the right settings for my car

·
Registered
66 Posts
How did u figure out what canbus protocol settings where for your car ?? I have a 2011 LT model an
Can’t seem to figure out which one is the right settings for my car
Do you have the CANBUS harness with box? If not you cannot use CANBUS but if you do look over the CANBUS box as the tag has name of box or it is molded on box. Most of them are shipped with Raise CANBUS Box but if you could put up a photo of your factory settings interface I can help you out better.

·
Registered
66 Posts
An also the backup cam , did u instal one ?
Yes, I bought the cheapest one Amazon had that fits where the license plate lamp is. I put mine in right socket as you look at back of car. It’s pretty simple, take your trim off inner side of trunk; once you get that done you can either pull the chrome trim off or leave it on. I just left mine one but if you do so, make sure you get the plastic, rubber seal in correctly but if you want to take trim piece off, it’s simple; 4, 10mm bolts and it’s clipped on as well.

Now you will have to run your power and negative wires to back-up lights. You do not have to remove tail light, left side is easiest. Find the black and white wires going into tail light; the white is your positive and black is negative for back up lights. I just took wire cutters and carefully pulled plastic around wires back and attached my wires and then got solder seal connectors and got heat gun out and made sure solder melted and glue sealed wires. I then took electric tape and taped over each connection then taped both wires back to harness. The easiest way to run the wire to head unit is to pull rear driver’s side seat up and hide your wire along side the seat down to kick panel and run it all the way up to driver’s floor mat and then pull trim panel piece off driver’s side of console off and there is a gap that you can see from driver’s vent by radio but make it easy on yourself; take some fishing line or anything similar and tie it to plug and wire that connects to head unit, lot easier than trying to push it up through there and that metal bracket eats rca cable connectors. If one gets stuck you are going to waste the rest of your day trying to get it out. Now then, once you have wire ran to your head unit there is a rca for rear camera and wire for the red wire with it. They normally have a yellow rca labeled but I’ve seen different brands have different wiring red wire. Most people think it’s the wire that comes off rca harness for rear camera but usually it’s on main harness. It should be marked too. I hope that helps you.

201 - 220 of 221 Posts