Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Yes, I'm planning to return it. They just sent the return address. I guess I have to pay shipping but ebay will refund it to me? I've never had to return anything thru Ebay before. Ill read up on that tomorrow. Once the refund comes thru I'll order it again. This seems like a really kick ass head unit. I'm a bit jealous yall received them with no issues and I'm having to wait another 3 weeks to get a replacement. This is my luck with electronics.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes, I'm planning to return it. They just sent the return address. I guess I have to pay shipping but ebay will refund it to me? I've never had to return anything thru Ebay before. Ill read up on that tomorrow. Once the refund comes thru I'll order it again. This seems like a really kick ass head unit. I'm a bit jealous yall received them with no issues and I'm having to wait another 3 weeks to get a replacement. This is my luck with electronics.
No the seller has to pay for everything. You shouldn't have to pay anything. Send in a "not as described" defect issue with Ebay. Ebay will send the seller an email informing them they have to provide the shipping label. If they don't within a certain time frame, Ebay will refund all your money and not require you to send it back.

China sellers well try to get you to agree and then have you close the case and then when you close it they're off the hook and you get nothing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My radio works fine. I even have the shark fin antenna that hurt reception some even on the stock HU. Not sure why you guys are buying from other sellers when a confirmed seller/unit has been posted. My seller has been awesome at answering questions, the unit came well packed and ready to roll without having to move the back part. He even partially refunded me when the 8.0 vs 6.0 issue was brought up. BUY FROM A CONFIRMED SELLER if youre going to get one of these....especially if youre new to installing radios and dont know much about wiring.
Kindly share the seller details.

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Unless the seller specifically states that they will cover return shipping, the buyer is responsible for it no matter what the return reason.
No that is not true. If something is broken or not as described in the auction on ebay, then it is specifically the sellers responsibility to cover the shipping to fix.

·
Registered
481 Posts
No that is not true. If something is broken or not as described in the auction on ebay, then it is specifically the sellers responsibility to cover the shipping to fix.
If that is the case, then eBay recently changed it. When I was still running ebay sales for a local salvage yard last year, you could choose either seller was responsible for return shipping or buyer was responsible. In fact when I purchased a J2534 compatible scanner/reprogrammer for testing last summer, I returned it because it was not as described for GM vehicles and the return shipping costs were deducted from my refund by the seller (and it specifically stated buyer pays return shipping).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
It took some back an forth with the seller, I had to go to the post office and get a quote for return shipping and send them the price witch is $69. They sent it to my paypal account for me to ship back. Over all this seller hasn't been to bad to work with. Debating between getting an exchange or ordering from a different seller but I think Ill get an exchange. Maybe I can get them to send the replacement as soon as I provide them with tracking for the return. Either way Im another two or three weeks before I get another unit. I ordered the powered antenna connection from amazon today. It will be a week before Its here. I think that will fix the static and weak FM signal I experienced while I had this unit installed. I have some old RCA cables that I can use to tap in and make the rear camera work. I saw the post that @fastwanabe made showing how to get the camera to work. I'll post a link to it below. Anyone else experienced any other issues with your units? Or everyone else happy so far?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
So, waiting on a new unit to ship, hadn't seen an update in a while so I reached out to the new seller and received this update.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts