Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really liked this video.

Have I mentioned that I want to add a Tesla to my Jay Leno garage?
Mhm. That P85D is a sex machine.

Someday I will have that baby.... of course, by that time Tesla will probably have wings.

...okay, okay, don't tell my dad but I'd probably go for a ride in a Hellcat too.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
The Hellcat sounds a lot better.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, okay. Well, I grew up around a father with a small block V8 for a heart, and he's mentioned more than once that if I ever owned a Dodge, or dated a guy who owned a Dodge he would disown me.

He was kidding though.

.... sorta.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
My laptop is misbehaving tonight....just get a blank video screen.

Anyways, ther are two videos of the cars....these guys are friends.....the first video is of the Hellcat driver getting his lunch handed to him.

The second video is a month later....the Hellcat owner has learned his launch technique well.....the Tesla gets a spanking....not by much, but a win is a win.

I jumped on this thread because my son picked up his Hellcat Charger three weeks ago........I have two cars capable of high twelves if I'm on my game.
This car turns low 11's on street tires, 11's or high 10's on drag radials it is said.

One ride made me a believer.....and it only had three hundred miles on it the time.....gooooood laaaaawwwd! I haven't been seat pinned like that ever in a street car......I might need one of these....Challenger suit for me.....great automatic but I'm still a hand shaker sort.

Rob

Finally got the vid to play......thats a good one....I get a kick out of that guys reviews.

But.....gotta tell ya, the guy driving the Charger needs launch lessons......you could time his R/T with a hourglass......just sayin,

Rob

·
Registered
170 Posts
Once my 2012 Cruze goes out, I will be switching to a Tesla. Also have a Mercedes SL which I love to death, speed and all, however gas mileage sucks. Good to go from one eco car and a speedy car to a Tesla.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha!!
I really liked the guys in the video, they seemed fun to hang around. So many people who review cars bore me.
Anyways. I still think it's REALLY impressive that an electric-only car has that much power. The days of a moron driving a Prius as the electric car owner image are going to be coming to an end.

And you aren't too far away... have your son drive over and give me a ride in the Hellcat. I'm curious now after your reply, and the guy in the video saying his cheeks hurt from smiling so much while driving it.

My laptop is misbehaving tonight....just get a blank video screen.

Anyways, ther are two videos of the cars....these guys are friends.....the first video is of the Hellcat driver getting his lunch handed to him.

The second video is a month later....the Hellcat owner has learned his launch technique well.....the Tesla gets a spanking....not by much, but a win is a win.

I jumped on this thread because my son picked up his Hellcat Charger three weeks ago........I have two cars capable of high twelves if I'm on my game.
This car turns low 11's on street tires, 11's or high 10's on drag radials it is said.

One ride made me a believer.....and it only had three hundred miles on it the time.....gooooood laaaaawwwd! I haven't been seat pinned like that ever in a street car......I might need one of these....Challenger suit for me.....great automatic but I'm still a hand shaker sort.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
It's true JJ......it makes you grin......or its pulling your cheeks hard enouph to bare your teeth.....one or the other, the thing is a hoot!
The exaust flaps go full open, the supercharger whines like the hounds of the baskerville, and the world through the winshield reels in like enterprise going into hyperspace......and you've only got about six seconds before you haul it down cause it just passed 100.....jeeze!.....whatta ride.

Rob

·
Administrator
25,118 Posts

·
Administrator
25,118 Posts
Haha, okay. Well, I grew up around a father with a small block V8 for a heart, and he's mentioned more than once that if I ever owned a Dodge, or dated a guy who owned a Dodge he would disown me.

He was kidding though.

.... sorta.
You don't have to own one - just find a guy who'll let you drive one. :)

·
Administrator
25,118 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
We stopped at a gas station in Fond du Lac, what caught my eye was a large sign stating Parking for Electric Vehicles. Just had a standard 120 VAC receptacle, no credit card or coin slot, and it appeared to be free.

Commented this to my wife, she said lets buy an electric vehicle, replied if we did, would have to stand around here all day, just to get enough charge to drive home. Never asked the clerk if it was free, not even an electric meter there, but may have been one on the inside.

Bet that Tesla would have been a lot faster if it had an extension cord instead of that huge battery pack.

·
10,695 Posts
We stopped at a gas station in Fond du Lac, what caught my eye was a large sign stating Parking for Electric Vehicles. Just had a standard 120 VAC receptacle, no credit card or coin slot, and it appeared to be free.

Commented this to my wife, she said lets buy an electric vehicle, replied if we did, would have to stand around here all day, just to get enough charge to drive home. Never asked the clerk if it was free, not even an electric meter there, but may have been one on the inside.

Bet that Tesla would have been a lot faster if it had an extension cord instead of that huge battery pack.
30 mins depending on how much you drained the battery to get to that charger. I live/work close enough to have a EV but my driving habits would put me in too many close calls. I like heat and a/c too much. I have access to regular house chargers so 8 hour shift would get me a nice amount of charge seeing that it will be charged at home.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Not up to date on these things, noted with the GM EV, using heat or AC would cut its range in half.

With all this BS about gas prices, is more 500+ HP vehicles for sale than ever before in our history. And if driven legally, won't get there any faster than driving a Cruze.

Ha, was stopped at a traffic light with some idiot revving his new Corvette, when the light turned green, squealed his tires, I just took off at a snails pace. He had to slam on his brakes at the next traffic light, I just timed it right so the light would turn green, so passed him doing 35 mph.

So tell me about speed, also try to get 80,000 miles off a set of tires and that much before the next brake job.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts