Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to thank everyone for all their help. I have moved on to a new Ram 1500 Regular Cab. While I will miss the great gas mileage of my 16 Cruze, we really figured out we needed a truck again, now that we own a home. Not to mention, getting older, but no smaller, my body doesn't flex as well as it used too. 6'4" and 300 lbs doesn't do well in the long run in 2 different Cruze's. The last time I had a truck was a 07 Dodge Ram. I just hope I can get as much information from the Ram forums that I have gotten here.

Thanks again, and good luck everyone!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,304 Posts
Is this the redeisgned 2018 Ram that just got all kinds of press coverage? If so, those look like SERIOUSLY nice trucks compared to the competition. I've been underwhelmed by the recent GM 1/2 tons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's actually the old style. I have yet to see a basic, regular cab available on the 19's, but yeah, they are like luxury cars, but priced like it too, LOL.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,384 Posts
Is this the redeisgned 2018 Ram that just got all kinds of press coverage? If so, those look like SERIOUSLY nice trucks compared to the competition. I've been underwhelmed by the recent GM 1/2 tons.
They are. I'm...familiar with those.

That said, I've gotten to check out a CTF T1 Silverado LT, and it was very impressive (though I'm still not sold on the exterior design). The T1 trucks are as light as the all-aluminum F-150s, without being close to all-aluminum, and the way they constructed the bed makes for a **** ton more space in it.

·
2,254 Posts
Stick around every now and then!

Also, pictures of the truck? :D

Hemi w/8 speed?

Reactions: MP81

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,244 Posts
I wanted to thank everyone for all their help. I have moved on to a new Ram 1500 Regular Cab. While I will miss the great gas mileage of my 16 Cruze, we really figured out we needed a truck again, now that we own a home. Not to mention, getting older, but no smaller, my body doesn't flex as well as it used too. 6'4" and 300 lbs doesn't do well in the long run in 2 different Cruze's. The last time I had a truck was a 07 Dodge Ram. I just hope I can get as much information from the Ram forums that I have gotten here.

Thanks again, and good luck everyone!
Ya'll come back now ya hear!

We have plenty of members that no longer own a Cruze, so no excuses...

·
Super Moderator
7,787 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,384 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will hang around, just not as much. I used to be on lxforums when I had my 300C. I still go on there. And the gas mileage doesn't even come close to the Cruze. For the lifetime of my 16, I averaged just over 38 mpg. So far, off what the dealer filled me up at, I averaged 27 mpg on the highway to my house. I filled it up the day afterI got home, the dealer was just over 120 miles away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts