Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find it on any parts sites. The dealer wants almost $300 for one piece.

I'm wondering if it's a diesel specific part. This is a diesel / hatch / manual, RS pack. The little flap was held on by dzus fasteners and the front flopped down on the freeway, destroying the piece.

Where can I get one?

(pic for reference)

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any fabrication abilities. I'd like the OEM part. The parts sites don't seem to differentiate between sedan and hatchback for some reason.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I don't have any fabrication abilities. I'd like the OEM part. The parts sites don't seem to differentiate between sedan and hatchback for some reason.
If they don't differentiate it's the same part.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I imagine diesel parts are pretty scarce at junkyards.

Do you have any friends or neighbors who are handy? I bet a 12-pack of their favorite beverage could get you a reasonable facsimile made :)

I'm thinking plastic, or maybe aluminum. But if you do engage someone to make one, let them pick the materials so they get the properties they prefer, such as thickness.

Doug

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I don't have access to my parts catalog right now, but I'd wager the door isn't available separately from the entire closeout panel, hence the $300 quote.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts