Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

One hundred and thirty years is a long time.

That’s the age, more or less, of the automotive industry and naturally, its history is steep. Thousands of makes and models have come and gone over the decades, but only a few have really revolutionized the way auto manufacturers do business.

These are the vehicles that made everyone sit up and take notice. The ones that reshaped the North American automotive landscape.

Narrowing the field down to just one vehicle per decade was not easy. We focused on cars, trucks and SUVs that changed the industry specifically in North America, although that doesn’t mean it had to specifically be a North American vehicle. So, here are the 14 vehicles that changed the world and a few honorable mentions as well.
Read more about The 14 Most Revolutionary Cars That Changed the World at AutoGuide.com.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
The Cherokee was an evolutionary step from the CJ.

·
2,254 Posts
What about the Pontiac Aztek?

Lol

·
Super Moderator
7,786 Posts
Pretty good list, when you consider the honourable mentions, in my opinion.

Glad to see the B body make it.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Pretty good list, when you consider the honourable mentions, in my opinion.
I think so. My first thought when I saw the title is they better have Cadillac's electric start - and they did.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I like how they credit the ford exploder ... instead of the Chevy S-10/trailblazer which started the segment.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,198 Posts
Well, considering the Aztek was one of the first vehicles designed entirely by computer rapid prototyping/visualizing tools, as well as arguably one of the first vehicles in what is now the huge modern crossover segment...I'd say, design aside, it certainly would deserve a spot there.

Also, it could carry a 4x8 sheet of plywood, the rear console doubled as a cooler - and it turned into a tent.

If only the bean-counters had let them use larger wheels...

Reactions: sparkman and Tomko

·
Super Moderator
7,786 Posts
Aztek - as ugly as sin and laughable as it was - was at least a decade ahead of its time. Give it the wheel size it should have had and it would sell today. Truly a first of its breed.

Reactions: MP81

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Walter white had one. That's why it's on the list.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts