Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone. I threw this new thread up to kind of organize all the news and articles people find and want to share. With the refresh coming soon there's gonna be some hot discussion and exciting news. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks and how they feel about the new cruze. Glad to see a lot of positive reviews and new members. Love this diesel and hope we keep enjoying the mostly troublefree experiment we all threw our money down on. Excited to hear from everyone.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Hopefully it doesn't look like the pictures I've seen. If so I'm happy I bought the 1st gen

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I wonder what engine the '16 diesel will get (assuming there will be a 2016 diesel)

·
Registered
20 Posts
The 2016 isn't a very well kept secret. The 16 Malibu has been unveiled and the 16 Camaro will be unveiled on 5/16. The Cruze will be unveiled soon I am sure.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I think there needs to be a completely separate section (or set of fourms) for the second generation Cruze. There are so many differences between the first and second generations that some form of separation is needed to keep people from getting confused on issues and questions.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Jim,

I've been thinking about just that issue. ToyotaNation forums are separated by generation.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Then you need (at least) three generations - the Cruze was sold in Europe, Asia, Oceania, and Africa before it appeared on the US market, and was/is a different machine.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Then you need (at least) three generations - the Cruze was sold in Europe, Asia, Oceania, and Africa before it appeared on the US market, and was/is a different machine.
We don't have that many non-Lordstown built Cruze owners as members. We do have a 1.6 sub-forum for the 1.6L and 1.6T engines found in the Holden Cruze. If we start getting the additional membership we'll reorg as needed.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
We don't have that many non-Lordstown built Cruze owners as members. We do have a 1.6 sub-forum for the 1.6L and 1.6T engines found in the Holden Cruze. If we start getting the additional membership we'll reorg as needed.
Have you considered a non US Cruze section to both gauge weather this will attract new members, and also give the other nations represented a common forum thread?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Have you considered a non US Cruze section to both gauge weather this will attract new members, and also give the other nations represented a common forum thread?
I like that idea. I'll bring it up with Andrei as he's the only one who can reorg the forums.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Jim,

I've been thinking about just that issue. ToyotaNation forums are separated by generation.
Civics have different AG sites by generation. There's even one for the unannounced tenth gen. Civics now.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Jim,

A lot of forums do that. Civicforum.com and Corvetteforum.com are just 2 others. You have already split out the diesel so..............don't stop now!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
What's worse than reading a post that doesn't exactly pertain to your model/build? Reading the same old post over and over because the sub-sub forum section dies on the vine. Cut the worm too many times and it shrivels up and dies.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
What's worse than reading a post that doesn't exactly pertain to your model/build? Reading the same old post over and over because the sub-sub forum section dies on the vine. Cut the worm too many times and it shrivels up and dies.
This is the balance that the moderation team has to aim for when it comes to creating new areas of the forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts