Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always see the threads for members posting about who has the most amount of miles. We might have the king of them all. A guy who comes into my Dad's dealer just traded in his 2012 Cruze 1.4t with 650,000 miles on it. The car still has the original engine and 6 speed automatic. He had his oil changed weekly the entire life of the car, and ran FR710's and would get 80k on each set. The car has had 3 turbos put in, and was about to need its 4th turbo. He ended up trading it in on a Trax, and the Cruze was sold to someone at the dealership and is still going.

Before the Cruze, the guy had 2 Cobalts. To give everyone an idea as to how much more reliable the Cruze was, both Cobalts made it to about 500k before they were totaled. Both of them needed 3 transmissions to make it there, and both also needed 2 engines to reach 500k.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
That's insane! Guy at your dealership must've gotten that car dirt cheap.

Reactions: jmlo96

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Trade it in, I bet he didn't get much for it? lol He must live in the darn car, can you get and post a couple pics of the car?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trade it in, I bet he didn't get much for it? lol He must live in the darn car, can you get and post a couple pics of the car?
The Crazy part according to NADA is that rough trade in was $3,050 , and retail said $7,100. I'm sure they took care of him since he's bought his past 3 cars there and did all his service there.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol wouldn't be caught dead paying $7100 for a car with those kind of miles.
I know right? I'd give them 1500 maybe. GM should have bought it for advertising purposes.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,179 Posts
I know right? I'd give them 1500 maybe. GM should have bought it for advertising purposes.
If it hit a million miles, they probably would have.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
haha, my 2014 diesel Cruze is only worth $3500 in "good" condition with 27% of those miles. .

Can you post a pic of that odometer?

·
2,254 Posts
Yeah I would love to see pictures of it! I hope mine makes it to 650k. Been off to a rough start so far.

Reactions: jmlo96

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
What'd the body look like at that many miles? How'd the interior hold up?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Man, he had to be racking up the miles like a long-haul trucker. That's something like 2,700 - 3,000 miles a week depending on when he bought it. Assuming an average speed of 60 MPH, that's at least 45 hours a week at the wheel. What does he do???

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Must be a courier.
You hit the nail on the head. I'll try to get some pictures of it. I know that the car is going to end up on some used car lot in the area because they bought it to flip it.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Not flipping anything with that many miles. At least not for some great profit.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not flipping anything with that many miles. At least not for some great profit.
The only thing I can figure is that the trade was more like a grand, and then they are just going to throw a complete junkyard engine and transmission in it. It will probably go on one of those buy here pay lots and someone will pay 10 grand for it after interest, lol.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
That's a turbo every 165,000 miles.

Why would he change his oil weekly?

How much does it cost to replace a turbo?

Curious.

Actually every 216,000 miles. Said he was needing his fourth at 650,000. Changing his oil every week which would be about every 3000 miles I would think he could get more life out of the turbo. But what do I know.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts